Notices

Boost controll issue questions

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2015, 06:13 PM
aaron_ions
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost controll issue questions

Hi all. I have a my00 impreza uk turbo 2000 gc8. I havent had it that long and its been driving great. Ive had an impreza before that i tuned for a few years so i know my way around the car quite well. Anyway, since buying the car it has always ran peak at 17/18psi ish then would begin to taper after say 5500rpm down to about 13psi as the little td04 turbos do. But lately i had a boost issue with it fluctuating to the point where it was only giving me a solid 7psi actuator pressure. I looked at all the plumbing, restrictor pill etc and all was good. Then i put the green connectors under dash together and cleaned out the solenoid and reinstalled and disconnected the battery for a while to reset the ecu. Went for a drive and yes, it is boosting and holding perfect but now only the standard boost pressure of 13psi right through the range. Now when it was running at 17psi i was under the impression it had a remap as it was still on stock BCS and ran and held boost perfectly until i noticed hesitation the other day. But now am i right in thinking that it was standard all the time and im lucky the thing didnt blow up on me lol? Im assuming maps cant be lost by disconnecting the battery in rare cases? Just happy its working but a bit gutted at the same time cos it ran so well before lol. Any comments/ info very welcome. I just cant understand why it never hit fuel cut if it hadnt been mapped?

By the way the car is completely standard hardware wise other then a 3"" full system with sport cat, v6 type r top mount but with stock recirc valve, and a cosworth panel filter.

Thanks all, Aaron.