Notices

one button key not responding...advice please

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2015, 09:06 PM
F11 SYS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one button key not responding...advice please

Hi there, ive got a 2006 subaru legacy 2.0re. The key is not locking and unlocking the car so the immobiliser is staying on and car wont start. Luckily i found the sigma 4 digit code in my service wallet and got the car going again.
Now im buggered as i have to arm and disarm the alarm/immobiliser from the sigma pad.
Does anyone know why this has happened and what i can do about it ? Preferably someone who knows or has had the same problem.
I took the key to the lock smith, he checked the key with a frequency scanner and the key was working fine and transmitting a signal according to the scanner so the key seems to be fine.
If its an easy fix il get it done as the other option is to strip out the factory category 1 and put in a new alarm system. I would rather fix the problem if it can be fixed.
Thanks in advance
Old 08 May 2015, 09:31 PM
mazbow
Scooby Regular

Hello mate
I had a similar problem to you i would have to really dig my finger in to the button and then it would only work when it wanted too
Had a auto locksmith come check the key and said the board and switch needed rebuilding took him about an hour to do it and since then its been good as gold
Old 09 May 2015, 07:58 AM
F11 SYS
Scooby Regular

I had that problem peeviously and had the button replaced. When you have to press hard it means the button is dying, dont know why he made you change the circuit board.
Old 09 May 2015, 09:04 AM
mazbow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by F11 SYS
I had that problem peeviously and had the button replaced. When you have to press hard it means the button is dying, dont know why he made you change the circuit board.
Na he didnt change the board he said he just had to rebuild it but what ever he did it worked only charged me £30 so now it dont take me ages just to get in the car
Old 09 May 2015, 09:15 AM
F11 SYS
Scooby Regular

Maybe he would know what the problem with my car is ?
Old 09 May 2015, 11:07 AM
mazbow
Scooby Regular

Maybe he would know what the problem with my car is ?
Ill see if i can find his card
What area you from mate
Old 09 May 2015, 11:22 AM
F11 SYS
Scooby Regular

Nice1..birmingham
Old 09 May 2015, 12:26 PM
mazbow
Scooby Regular

Nice1..birmingham
Ok yeah your not that local then mate im south london and i know he is local to me
Have you tryed googling local auto locksmiths
Old 09 May 2015, 01:52 PM
F11 SYS
Scooby Regular

No worries, ideally i want to know what the problem is as then i know what to do to it. If the immoboliser receiver has gone in the alarm then its scrap and il have to put new alarm on and get this one taken out. Im going to try reprogramming key as last resort and see how i get on. Putting the code in is annoying as i put the correct pin in and sometimes it dont accept it as the keypad is crap. 3 failed attempts and it locks you out for half hour. Im currently sitting in asda car park waiting for the 30 minutes to be up. Not the best way to spend my saturday but oh well. 5
Old 10 May 2015, 01:24 AM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I took the key to the lock smith, he checked the key with a frequency scanner and the key was working fine and transmitting a signal according to the scanner so the key seems to be fine.
There is a second chip in the key linked to the imobilser ring on the ignition barrel and this also transmits a signal unrelated to the lock/unlock button.

Try changing the battery in your key fob and then reprogramming the key fob to the car, simple to do and only takes a minute. Its not unheard of for keys to go wrong and lose their memory. The instructions for programming the fobs are in the alarm handbook, if u dont have one then pm me and i will forward you the instructions

Ps a second hand fob from a breakers can be programmed and used and would rule out the alarm system itself

Last edited by Dubzy; 10 May 2015 at 01:31 AM.
Old 10 May 2015, 08:39 AM
F11 SYS
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply dubzy but too late. After being stuck in asda for half hour i drove straight to my alarm man. He tried programming key, no joy. So ended up with him stripping the signa out and a new alarm went in.