Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2014, 03:03 PM
mbright81
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BCS and MBC

Hello again

I posted a thread yesterday with questions about a mbc

The advice swung greatly towards don't go near them and a remap was the safest option.

Unfortunately I don't have the funds as my cars a 97 jdm wrx so the ecu can't be messed with.

My symptom is overboosting following install of new headers and up pipe. The mid pipe was already decatted. I've only replaced the headers and up pipe as the existing ones were dead.

I know these upgrades are pointless without a remap but I'm happy with the way the car performs as standard. I just want it running nice and not over boosting.

My question is can a mbc be used in conjunction with the bcs to control the overboost and not mess with the fueling the bcs controls.

I will get it remapped but I can't afford it right now.

Thanks in advance
Old 27 October 2014, 03:36 PM
XDevil666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mbright81
I know these upgrades are pointless without a remap but I'm happy with the way the car performs as standard. I just want it running nice and not over boosting.
Mate again, your car isn't performing as standard

- But lets go with what your trying to do.

is the manifold a standard manifold?

if your over boosting it sounds like maybe your pipe to the waste gate isn't on correctly?

When it is on correctly you will be in for a bit of a shock as the boost levels you are feeling right now, wont be near it - if that makes sense?

maybe drive down to a tuner near you and they will check all the boost lines are correctly connected with the restrictor pills in place
Old 27 October 2014, 03:48 PM
mbright81
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by XDevil666
Mate again, your car isn't performing as standard

- But lets go with what your trying to do.

is the manifold a standard manifold?

if your over boosting it sounds like maybe your pipe to the waste gate isn't on correctly?

When it is on correctly you will be in for a bit of a shock as the boost levels you are feeling right now, wont be near it - if that makes sense?

maybe drive down to a tuner near you and they will check all the boost lines are correctly connected with the restrictor pills in place
The manifold, headers and up pipe are a complete stainless japspeed set.
I replaced all the vac lines within the last 6 months trying to find a boost leak which ended being the manifold leaking. I replaced them one at a time and made sure the pill was in the hose from turbo to tee.

Does the pill have to be facing a certain way in the line?

Do u think it could be the wastegate itself?