Notices
Full Cars Breaking For Spares This forum contains details of cars being broken for spares by our members.

Breaking up my pride and joy. Millions of shiny bits...

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2011, 05:03 PM
95Kaira
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking up my pride and joy. Millions of shiny bits...

Thanks to mortgages being impossible to obtain, I'm having to sell everything short of my body (and thats only because its not worth that much).. So I'm having to dismantle my bloody dream Impreza which was ALMOST road-ready and 95% finished... I'm not going to take her apart until I have firm offers on pretty much everything, so this is just to gauge interest at the moment, but if you lot are interested enough, she'll have to come apart and eventually be turned into flooring, or paint, or plasterboard or something pointless like that..

I cant tell you how gutted I am...

here's the list anyway..

Toyota Avensis 'Juno' 17" alloys with half-decent tyres. £200
These wheels are literally brand-new. The tyres I got part-worn. Theyve done less than 20 miles on the car and were bored out to fit, and I had the wheel-nuts custom made for the Subaru as the toyota ones were different threads. The nuts alone were almost £70.

4-pot front brakes. £250. These are painted bright red, the Subaru stamping has been ground off by a previous owner and they've got white 'Brembo' decals in its place. Looks great tho.

Braided brake flexi's. £45 - front and rear.

Exedy 5-puck paddle clutch. £200. Again its only done about 20 miles since installed. Severely grippy. Pretty sure the thrust bearing's new too.

Lightened and Balanced Flywheel - £150. I've actually got 2, this one's a 'proper' flywheel, but I have a standard one thats been ground-down and balanced professionally. I have the reciept for the work somewhere. The modified standard one's not as light as the real one, but its better than stock., £50 for that one.

HKS induction kit - £75 - good condition and clean.

AB88 front-mount-intercooler. £100. Visible pipes are painted dark-grey, as is the front of the intercooler. The alloy had started corroding etc and wasnt looking that good, hence the paint.

HKS SSQV-2 blow-off-valve. £100. Same story as the FMIC, its been painted due to light surface corrosion, but isnt very old, works perfectly and sounds utterly brilliant along with the FMIC. Also has the adaptor so u dont need an HKS flange to fix it into.

Samco radiator hoses. £50. Top and bottom rad hoses, as well as the 2 thin ones to the header tank, and the one to the turbo. Quite possibly not genuine samco, but they're stamped with the logo....

255lph fuel pump. £50

FSE fuel pressure regulator. £50. This is just the usual FSE FPR but its also got a pressure gauge in the side of it.

Apexi Power-FC ECU. £400. for 4-plug classics. I've had it plugged in just enough to see it switched on, but never installed it. Was going to leave it till I got to a mapper.. Hand commander screen has a few light scratches, but its almost nothing and doesnt affect it in any way.

Blitz ESBC boost controller. £125. A great little unit, nice and simple to use and install. Low/High and Scramble boost set independantly, as well as scramble 'time' in seconds. Got this from Japan and absolutely loved it.

Blitz boost gauge. £40. Redlines at 1.5bar if I remember right..

HKS Turbo timer. £40. Early model just with a couple of buttons for time in minutes etc. Very simple thing and plugs straight into the impreza loom, no extra wiring needed at all.

Fuel/Air mixture gauge, cheapo plasma thing from Ebay, £10.
Oil temp gauge - as above.
Oil pressure gauge - £20. Oil-fed thing from Tim, will include the capillary line.

GTR-style spoiler. £95. in white with a black wing, but dont ask for the code as its probably not an original colour at this point.... Has upper and lower sections, looks great. I'll try to get pics at some point.

Tommy Kaira front bumper £100. Also in white. She's been modified to accommodate the FMIC. Beautiful bumper, easily my favourite for the classic. Had a square numberplate off to one side so she's only got one foglight mounted.

Clear indicators, front and side - £35

STI tail-lights, some hairline cracks to passenger side, but unless u study it, its not noticeable. £95.

Tein 'Basic' coilovers. £200. Need a good clean but not leaking and work perfectly. Ride-height adjustable.

Sparco 3-point harness - £35.

RCM Carbon (i think) timing belt guide. £30.

Oil filter relocation kit and 25-row oil cooler radiator. £90. Will need hoses made up to fit, but all hose fittings are included. Might even have a new oil filter to throw in.

Whiteline front upper strut-brace £40. bar is fine but mounting rings arent in great condition.

Rear upper strut-brace - £60. Unknown make, but the mountings are pink and the bar is shiny alloy

HKS fuel-cut defender - £75. Needs cut into the loom.

Quickshift gear lever - £40. Hate driving a scooby without one these days...

Gizzmo launch-control interface / anti-lag and shift light system. £150. Never got this wired in, though it was getting close on my to-do list before my bloody life fell apart... This needs cut into the ignitor wires, and is controlled by two small buttons on the shift-light. Instructions are available from their website and its a universal unit for up to 6-cylinder cars if I remember correctly. I made a mounting for the reed-switch on my clutch pedal. I'll throw in the pedal assembly too, to save you having to ahve one made.

Several stainless steel exhausts. Both 2.5", one with a 3"(ish) tailpipe, the other is around 4.5". £200 each.

2x bellmouth decat pipes in stainless. Good condition etc. £75 each.

Cobra Monaco bucket seat. Utterly unmarked and as-new. Mounted to Impreza rails and I'll leave them aboard. £175.

Zero-sports cooling plate £50. For above the radiator to channel more air through it. Still shiny, but it'll have one extra hole bored through it where I had the oil radiator mounted. No big deal.

TD05 turbo in good condition all round. £90.

And then there's the engine... I want £2500 for this...
EJ20 closed-deck block
JE Forged 92.5mm pistons, individually match-bored into each cylinder with new rings. Tolerance has been allowed for up to 600bhp's worth of expansion so there's a little slap when she's cold, but she's absolutely never been driven hard till she was up to temperature. Even then, she's done less than 1000 miles since built.
Eagle ESP shot-peened H-beam conrods and balanced stock crank.
ACL race bearings all round.
ARP head-studs.
Ported and polished heads.
Ported inlet manifold.
Cometic head gaskets.

There's been an awful lot of work gone into this engine and its all been done with 600bhp in mind as a safe upper limit. I have reams of reciepts and notes for the work thats been carried out. Its all painted Lycoming grey and its pretty tasty.

I have several gearboxes to fit VB3AA or VB3FA classics, and every other part of the car available, dozens of sensors, coilpacks, you name it. I've collected tons of spares over the last 7-8 years of owning WRXs..

Its breaking my bloody heart to do this, but I guess I need the house more than the car...
Old 08 July 2011, 05:12 PM
chewee
Scooby Regular

You have pm mate
Old 08 July 2011, 05:18 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

Pic of boost gauge pls an does it work on its own or need a control unit like the defis?
Old 08 July 2011, 05:36 PM
cjquicksilver
Scooby Regular

interested in the oil cooler and relo kit, first dibs wen u start to break please
Old 08 July 2011, 06:11 PM
M4RKG
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd have the coilovers
Old 08 July 2011, 06:53 PM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

2nd on the Coilovers.
Old 08 July 2011, 07:50 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might know someone for the spoiler if you can get a pic up, If its what he wants he`ll have it, so 1st dibs if poss, cheers, gaz.
Old 13 July 2011, 11:41 AM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

pm me for apexi ecu and commander when u def got it for sale plz thanks.
Old 13 July 2011, 11:49 AM
blackcountryboy
Scooby Regular

i will take the fuel and air and oil temp gauges please pm me payment details
Old 14 July 2011, 01:56 AM
Nic1911
Scooby Regular

If the hks ssqv will fit a newage 2001 wrx with tmic then i'll have that off you
Old 15 July 2011, 08:23 AM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you still have the foglight you removed from the bumper so it can go back to OE condition?

If so, I'll take the bumper
Old 16 July 2011, 09:17 AM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

any movement on the car breaking bud? still interested in the ecu and commander. thanks.
Old 16 July 2011, 03:39 PM
artic monkey
Scooby Newbie

first dibs on sti tail lights please
Old 16 July 2011, 04:24 PM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

Mate you can sleep in your car but you cant drive a house!

Seriously though been there done that and its a ****ter. feel for you bud and GLWTS
Old 18 July 2011, 06:52 AM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Any chance you have a set of tubular headers on the car?
Old 18 July 2011, 09:08 PM
95Kaira
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the replies lads, I cant really bear to start breaking her until I have a firm offer on the engine. Its the severely expensive part... BlueBugEye, I do actually have those headers. Cant think why I didnt list them ... My wagon's got a set too but that one doesnt have the matching up-pipe, just a standard one.

Anyways, thanks again for the replies and the PM's. I'll contact you all if the break goes ahead... I can sleep in the car yea, but I dont think the wife and 2 kids would find it that comfortable.. :O
Old 18 July 2011, 09:47 PM
hhh1234
Scooby Regular

what year are heads
Old 19 July 2011, 06:41 AM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Hi,

What make/supplier headers are they and are they 3 bolt up-pipe?
Old 21 July 2011, 03:03 PM
tattooRick
Scooby Regular

ill take the intercooler and pipework.......
Old 24 July 2011, 06:00 PM
corfi
Scooby Regular

i may be interested in one of the gearboxes my code is ty752bb3aa how much would you take for one
Old 25 July 2011, 03:43 PM
djsparra
Scooby Regular

Hi mate i'm interested in Bell mouth decat downpipe, center section, or full system if you don't want to split the systems. Keep us informed bud.

Thanks