Notices
Full Cars Breaking For Spares This forum contains details of cars being broken for spares by our members.

Breaking 650bhp Hawkeye STI

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2022, 11:23 AM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Breaking 650bhp Hawkeye STI

No Longer breaking.

Last edited by dazdavies; 16 May 2022 at 01:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 04 May 2022, 11:33 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Very sad day....will you be back with another Subaru down the line?
Old 04 May 2022, 11:35 AM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by dazdavies
After an agonising decision I have decided to break my car after I cocked up repairing a knackered thread on my block rendering it nothing more than coffee table material.

Quite a well known car that I've put my heart and soul into over the last few years.
Ideally I'd like the shell to go complete without having to strip it for the bits and bobs.
The plan is to sell it as complete as possible. It will include all the body panels, doors glass, full interior, all switches and window motors, spoiler (with stiffies) roof spoiler, basically as you see in the pictures below.
It will not include any audio equipment.

THE SHELL
The Shell is completely rust free as it was an Australian import and the underbody was fully stripped down, undersealed and painted in 2K colour matching the exterior colour.
Things to note, the original fuel lines have been removed but I will leave the Braided feed and return lines that I fitted in their place. The battery tray removed and battery is located in the rear. Again I will leave this in situ.
In it's place there is a hole for Intercooler pipework and a smaller aftermarket washer bottle. I still have the original and that will be supplied with the shell.
The current front bumper has some damage but I have a brand new unpainted original subaru one in a box that will be supplied if my asking price is met.
No brakes or running gear included but the shell will be rolling on factory suspension and freshly painted OEM STI wheels.
Not sure what to ask for this but with it being as complete as it is and as good condition I think £5k is reasonable bearing in mind I could probably strip and sell for more.

RUNNING GEAR

Full Hawkeye DCCD 6 speed gear box, matching rear diff, prop, cradle, linkage and all drive shafts (114pcd) £3000
please note unless you buy the twin plate clutch and AP Hydraulic bearing I have you'll have to source the clutch fork and cylinder and input shaft surround separately as I no longer have those.

Competition Clutch Twin plate and flywheel: This is an excellent clutch with a great pedal feel. Its a push type clutch but will come with an RCM/AP Racing Hydraulic bearing. Clutch has seen about 3000 road miles since replacement £800

Brakes: AP racing 355 Six Pot kit Newer 9040 Kit. These have never seen a track and have around 3000 miles road use. Come with Godspeed J Hook disks, Ferodo DS2500pads £1500

Rear Brembo: New J Hook disks and Pagid Pads bought at same time as six pots so 300 miles road use £500

KW Clubsport 2 way Coilovers Outstanding coil overs in fantastic condition £1250

Fuel System
Walbro Intank 460 in tank lift pump and Modified tank lid for AN6 and AN8 Fittings
Speedflow Surge Tank and 2 x Bosch Motorsport pumps and 3 Filters 2 (are and unused)£500

RCM fuel rails, braided PTFE Lines AN-6/8 anodised fittings, Turbosmart FP1200 regulator, Bosch 2200cc Injectors (can replace with never used ID1050x if you prefer) £750

Cosworth Inlet Manifold and TGV Deletes £600

GTX35R Rotated Turbo setup
This includes freshly rebuilt and upgraded GTX35R (work done by AET at a cost of £900)
GT Spec headers (wrapped) and up pipe modified for rotated turbo and external wastegate.
V band down pipe
V band Turbosmart Progate 50 wastegate
Full 3 inch exhaust system. WILL NOT SPLIT as it's all bespoke and comes together.
£2750

Standard STI AVCS heads all complete cams valves and matching numbers caps will also come with AVCS Intel and new RCM Steel Exhaust Pulleys £650

RCM High Grip tensioner ( 30 miles road use) £300

RCM Track Attack catch tank kit 30 miles road use (£225)

Wheels and Tyres
Freshly Powder coated Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3 with virtually brand new (30 miles) Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Tyres £750

Prosport Gauges Combined OIL pressure, Oil temp, Voltage and coolant temp, gauge, Fuel Pressure, Boost. Switchable colour (amber, white, blue) all complete and with sensors and remote( 30 Miles road use)and ATI dash pod £300

Engine Components
Brand New 2.5L Niterided Crank £300
Brand New Manley Turbo tuff I beam Rods £700
Cosworth Rods £450
Used 2.5 Cranks please note these are used but have NOT suffered bearing damage £150 each

Prices are fair and non negotiable. Bearing in mind I've built this car myself and know exactly how much something like this costs to build.

If anyone wants to consider it as a whole I'm willing to discuss sensible offers it's a lot of car and has all the right bits. Its currently all in the car and can still be heard running
there's a caveat to that though I wont entertain anyone that tries to take urine with a low ball offer.
Awful shame considering the time and effort you put in
Old 06 May 2022, 12:37 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Received 453 Likes on 306 Posts

Such a shame to see this beast get broken after what you've put in to it!
If my RA had sold already I'd be interested in the whole car but I don't have space or finance until that's gone now.
Old 06 May 2022, 12:48 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by adam.pah
Such a shame to see this beast get broken after what you've put in to it!
If my RA had sold already I'd be interested in the whole car but I don't have space or finance until that's gone now.
Do a swap mate I was in talks but man maths were way out and couldn't do it.
Old 13 May 2022, 06:41 PM
Danjo
Scooby Regular

Received 226 Likes on 128 Posts

Would love that Cosworth inlet manifold, just can’t stretch that far 😩
Old 14 May 2022, 03:55 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

That's such a pity, I remember this car from years ago and if I am not mistaken it was featured in a magazine.
Your wheels is what made me buy the same wheels for my Forester STi!
Old 15 May 2022, 11:19 AM
A1AXX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Messaged re parts Daz