Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

has anyone got

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2011, 10:18 PM
d4zza_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone got

Guys, iv just brought a cat back exhaust system of a friend, he had sold the down pipe "turbo back to stright pipe" Decat....

I dont spose anyone around southend way has one kicking about? i want to fit the system this weekend so as you can imagine ild like it to be complete "decat straight through". if anyone has a decat pipe pls pm me or leave a message. willing to travel a little way to pick up. Oh and its for a 98 V4 STI.

Thanks guys, will def see and meet you all at the next meet
Old 22 November 2011, 04:15 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Give Hayward and Scott a call, they used to make 'The' Scoobysport exhaust, they may have one laying around.

http://www.haywardandscott.com/subar...a-classic.html

01268 727256 and see if you can speak to Ian.
Old 22 November 2011, 06:30 PM
d4zza_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nate
Give Hayward and Scott a call, they used to make 'The' Scoobysport exhaust, they may have one laying around.

http://www.haywardandscott.com/subar...a-classic.html

01268 727256 and see if you can speak to Ian.

Thankyou for your reply, it might have to come to that, but tbh i was looking for somthing a little cheaper hence if any you guys had one knocking about for around the £60-£80 mark. iv had a word with a work collegue and he was a weilder for over 15years!!! so im thinking of taking my downpipe of going to the scrapyard picking up a bit of tube and cutting out the cat replacing it by a weilded peice in its place.... im sure that would do the job? am i right?
Old 22 November 2011, 07:10 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Your choice I suppose, but I would imagine that the correct pipe from H&S will flow better.
Old 22 November 2011, 09:35 PM
d4zza_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nate
Your choice I suppose, but I would imagine that the correct pipe from H&S will flow better.
Yeah im sure it will mate, its only till i get enough funds for a vortex full system, and i Know its from H&S anyway its just getting the doller all together and get it complete rather then bits here and there. for now im just after getting that flat4 making some noise
Old 22 November 2011, 11:32 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do it once, do it right
Old 23 November 2011, 10:24 PM
eugmul
Scooby Regular

One for sale here,seems good price: https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-par...rged-ej20.html guy said it could be posted Thursday, should have it by the wkend

Was gonna buy this one but ended up getting one a little closer to home
Old 23 November 2011, 10:42 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

£70 then plus £10-£15 for postage ...... Bet H&S wouldn't be far off that price if you went to see them, as I said, they sometimes have some on the rack upstairs ........ But forgot to mention, sometimes they do have used ones as well.

When I bought the backbox on my car, I had the choice of about 3 they had upstairs that were all used

If you do pop in, do ask for Ian though
Old 23 November 2011, 11:04 PM
d4zza_wrx
Scooby Regular

I`ll give ian a bell then see if there is any knocking about.

thanks for the link eugmul, if all fails with Ian ill have a chat with that guy. Just gonna have to keep of the boost till i get it mapped by one of the mappers on here. mind you i was looking through the history and in 2 M.O.Ts it had "Borrowed Cat pipe" so its obviasly been De-Cat in the past, so must "Im sure" it must have been re-mapped then! Ill get in contact with the guy,

so sry if this is a bit of a silly question but would it need a re map again if it had been done for De-cat in the past? and the guy put the cat back on just to sell the car?

Cheers for all your help guys
Old 28 November 2011, 08:39 PM
d4zza_wrx
Scooby Regular

Just an update guys.....

Finnaly have my system on.. its an exhaust i wasnt very familiar with, the name is RS*R. after doing some research, turns out there pretty dam good? After fitting it, once turned over!!! **** its loud :/ maybe a little to loud "neighbours are gonna go bonkers with me leaving for work at 5am - 5.15am!! so gonna have to orriantate my parking lol. anyway thought ild just give you an update

Regards guys + girls
Darren