Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

ESC Rolling Road Day Saturday 19th March

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2011, 09:01 PM
mikef04
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC Rolling Road Day Saturday 19th March

As promised, we have finally set the date for the ESC rolling road day at Torque Devlopments.

http://www.tdi-plc.com/index.php?pge=C_news

We have booked on for the 19th march, the first run will start at approximately 9am. Each run will take approximately 40 minutes per car. For this to work we will need a minimum of 10 cars and a maximum of 12. This is due to the time needed to change the cars over.

Dyno cell http://www.tdi-plc.com/index.php?pge=C_gallery

As part of the run the car will be run in a purpose built dyno cell with two fully trained technicians. At the end you will recieve two print outs one showing your BHP/Torque at the wheels only. And one showing what your car was doing at set points throughout the rev range.

TDI have said they will provide tea/coffee and doughnuts on the day they also are not charging us for the day and all they ask is that each car make a £50 donation to the Great Ormond Street Hospital. This will be done via a just giving page (details to follow)

Now the boring bits : Myself and TDI will not take any responsibilty for your veichle, they can only say that your car will be in the best hands and whilst on the dyno is something dosen't seem right, they will end the run there and then.

You will need to fill in a disclaimer, on this form will also ask for existing modification and anything else you think they should know.

If there are any questions at all please contact myself or Jenkins (aka shaun at TDI) and we will try and answer any questions you might have.

Mike

If things change or i get any more info i will update this thread so that everyone is aware.

Last edited by mikef04; 31 January 2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 31 January 2011, 09:12 PM
harrisard
Scooby Regular

1.harrisard
Old 31 January 2011, 09:16 PM
mikef04
Scooby Regular

As promised, we have finally set the date for the ESC rolling road day at Torque Devlopments.

We have booked on for the 19th march, the first run will start at approximately 9am. Each run will take approximately 40 minutes per car. For this to work we will need a minimum of 10 cars and a maximum of 12. This is due to the time needed to change the cars over.

As part of the run the car will be run in a purpose built dyno cell with two fully trained technicians. At the end you will recieve two print outs one showing your BHP/Torque at the wheels only. And one showing what your car was doing at set points throughout the rev range.

TDI have said they will provide tea/coffee and doughnuts on the day they also are not charging us for the day and all they ask is that each car make a £50 donation to the Great Ormond Street Hospital. This will be done via a just giving page (details to follow)

Now the boring bits : Myself and TDI will not take any responsibilty for your veichle, they can only say that your car will be in the best hands and whilst on the dyno is something dosen't seem right, they will end the run there and then.

You will need to fill in a disclaimer, on this form will also ask for existing modification and anything else you think they should know.

If there are any questions at all please contact myself or Jenkins (aka shaun at TDI) and we will try and answer any questions you might have.

Mike

1.harrisard

If things change or i get any more info i will update this thread so that everyone is aware.
Old 01 February 2011, 01:28 AM
Essexdon
Scooby Regular

already there mate

1.harrisard
2. essexdon (scott)
Old 01 February 2011, 04:56 AM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

stuart148
Old 01 February 2011, 08:39 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike

1.harrisard
2.essexdon (scott)
3.stuart148

Old 01 February 2011, 09:54 AM
Jenkins
Scooby Regular

Nicely done mikef04.
This should be a good day.

Its also worth pointing out that anyone who doesnt want to run is also more than welcome to come down and get involved.
Usually, we have about twice as many spectators as we do dyno runners.
Feel free to use the opportunity as a meet.
Old 01 February 2011, 12:08 PM
Diesel_DC
Scooby Regular

Location: Back in Diesel wonderland - 3.0 TDi Quattro A4, with more toys than Ann Summers...lol

I might pop down, with a trailer, I can weigh in all the bits and pieces of engine later
Old 01 February 2011, 12:10 PM
Jenkins
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diesel_DC
I might pop down, with a trailer, I can weigh in all the bits and pieces of engine later
Old 03 February 2011, 06:05 PM
mikef04
Scooby Regular

any more??
Old 03 February 2011, 08:04 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

Mike

1.harrisard
2.essexdon (scott)
3.stuart148
4.scooby seb

Will they tell us how the fueling is, as in to lean, to rich!! not to fussed about power just want to know what the fuelings up to really
Old 03 February 2011, 08:06 PM
Martin 2010
Scooby Regular

Mike

1.harrisard
2.essexdon (scott)
3.stuart148
4.scooby seb
5.martin 2010

Will they tell us how the fueling is, as in to lean, to rich!! not to fussed about power just want to know what the fuelings up to really
Old 03 February 2011, 08:09 PM
Scooby Senior

Tis the pikey way

Spectators List...

1) Mikef04
2) Stu
Old 03 February 2011, 08:13 PM
Scooby Senior

Mike

Runners List...

1.harrisard
2.essexdon (scott)
3.stuart148
4.scooby seb
5.martin 2010

Spectators List...

1) Mikef04
2) Stu

Yes AFR is measured so any suspicion of issues and runs will be aborted if deemed terminal. Be aware though this is a rolling road day not a 'fix my car day' .
Old 03 February 2011, 08:18 PM
KickboxingCrazy
Scooby Regular

my car wont be ready in time but ill defo be attending this!
Old 03 February 2011, 11:25 PM
wongy
Scooby Regular

im up for this but might have to be a spectator at the mo but will let you guys know nearer the time if you get the numbers
Old 04 February 2011, 08:30 AM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

I might pop along to watch and have a catch up if I am free as its been a while
Old 04 February 2011, 09:38 PM
simon57
Scooby Regular

Mike

Runners List...

1.harrisard
2.essexdon (scott)
3.stuart148
4.scooby seb
5.martin 2010
6.simon57.

Spectators List...

1) Mikef04
2) Stu
Old 04 February 2011, 10:50 PM
BRI4N
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simon57
6.simon57.
Brave man. Not sure I'd be that brave after your last experience on a RR.
Old 04 February 2011, 10:56 PM
simon57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BRI4N
Sorry did i forget to mention i'll be pressing the throttle pedal...

Thats if my box doesnt **** its self at brands..
Old 05 February 2011, 09:10 AM
Jenkins
Scooby Regular

Something we should know about?
LOL
Old 05 February 2011, 09:39 AM
Diesel_DC
Scooby Regular

Location: Back in Diesel wonderland - 3.0 TDi Quattro A4, with more toys than Ann Summers...lol

I think the next person to run was braver

Especially after about 4 power runs to recalibrate the RR
Old 05 February 2011, 03:28 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the next person to run was braver

Especially after about 4 power runs to recalibrate the RR
That was me, then IIRC you was after that Dave? Was a while ago and Simons been on since. The comment was "running sweet and ready for a bigger turbo" wasnt it Si?
Old 06 February 2011, 07:12 PM
greenfumb
Scooby Regular

Mike

Runners List...

1.harrisard
2.essexdon (scott)
3.stuart148
4.scooby seb
5.martin 2010
6.simon57.
7.Greenfumb

Spectators List...

1) Mikef04
2) Stu
I'm in + 1 other find out when he is back from holiday
Old 06 February 2011, 07:51 PM
simon57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cocker
That was me, then IIRC you was after that Dave? Was a while ago and Simons been on since. The comment was "running sweet and ready for a bigger turbo" wasnt it Si?
Twas indeed matie....and so it got one..
Old 06 February 2011, 08:01 PM
simon57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jenkins
Something we should know about?
LOL
i was only trying to get to the front....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSl-jSfnbxY
Old 06 February 2011, 09:34 PM
greenfumb
Scooby Regular

i was only trying to get to the front....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSl-jSfnbxY
OUCH
Old 06 February 2011, 09:53 PM
Paul&bon
Scooby Regular

Sods law! I have to work every 3rd Saturday and guess what.
I'll have to come up after work and see the end. What time will it be finishing?
Old 06 February 2011, 09:56 PM
Scooby Senior

12 cars taking 40 mins a run-ish, starting at 9 o'clock, you do the math
Old 06 February 2011, 10:10 PM
Paul&bon
Scooby Regular

I make it around 17:00

Quick Reply: ESC Rolling Road Day Saturday 19th March