Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

HPC @ bruntingthorpe 29/12/10

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2011, 06:38 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPC @ bruntingthorpe 29/12/10

Evening all

last week i was lucky enough to get invited by my cousin Mark (some of you have met him at karting) to HPC's track day at bruntingthorpe,what a day

As far as i can work out you have to qualify/ prove your driving competense to become a member of the HPC, it's a great club i think it's about driving more than cars and being able to use the road to it's full potential,they don't call it driving fast it's called pushing forward and how to read the road, mark demonstrated this on the way there on the B roads he had never been down these roads, he has great driving skill he was'nt going mad but not hanging around but not once did i feel unsafe or was i pushing for the imaginary brake pedal the car just felt flat and not on the edge at anytime just threw him knowing what to do.
Everyone was really friendly in the club and more than happy to take you out in thier car, but the best bit is you know what every car you got in you knew you was getting in with a pretty handy driver, i had the pleasure of going round with Andy morris who basicly sets or set the driving standards for all traffic cops

I got to go out in a porsche cayenne with well how can i put it a very elderly gentleman and was'nt sure he could make it round how wrong was i he sure knew how to throw that porker round also went in a 968 club sport, went out with a local (sorry if your reading this i can't remember your namerichard or tony) in his RB5 what a really nice guy, it amazed me how good a stock impreza was on track also went out in a honda s2000, mini cooper s but missed a chance in a P1 and the que for the GT3 RS was mad

The best bit of the day was at lunch time (yes the steak pie and cheese cake was yummy but not that) all family/friends where aloud to drive on track for the hour, lucky for me Mark is an advanced driving instructor,teachs high speed car control, works with Andy walsh and does sprints for fun oh and a gold member of the HPC so i was in safe hand

He is one hell of an instructor, really built my confidence up and got almost as excited as i did when i got things right he told me he would teach me heel and toe, braking in to corners, basicly setting the car up for a bend and how to power threw and look threw the corner, so i thought a brisk drive of around 60/70 round track with him telling me what i should be doing.

HOW WRONG WAS I i did'nt even think i could drive that fast let alone in the wet i learn't more in the 35/40mins i spent with him than i have in the 15yrs of driving on my own, highly recommend to everyone to get some car control training you won't regret it

The high light of the day tho was going round as a passenger in marks MX5 nothing special just uprated suspension and brakes and well set up, he was just throwing this thing around and it took it on the chin he was pushing porkers and M3's threw the twistys, there was people constantly coming up to him and asking for a ride

Here's some pic's of the cars but none on track as we were to far away from it (sorry for the long right up) i'm still grinning and it was nearly a week ago

old skool, this was mint

would'nt mind these in my garage

yummy

this poor guy did'nt get left alone all day

richard/tony's RB5, great guy

The beast

sorry not the best/most exciting pic's
Old 02 January 2011, 08:59 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

**** pics but great write up, a day with Andy Walsh is worth more than £500 on increasing power.
Old 02 January 2011, 09:01 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Location: It's not a Scoob, or even a Skoda, but 200bhp is on the horizon..

Sounds like you had a great day.........

The trick is to be able to remember what you have learnt when it's a few weeks down the road and "normality" has set in.......
Old 02 January 2011, 10:51 PM
spally
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a top day. Is this in readiness for brands lol
Old 05 January 2011, 04:41 PM
KickboxingCrazy
Scooby Regular

the porsches are always there. been brunters stacks of times