Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

The Stig AKA Kevd

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2010, 07:38 AM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Location: Happy that I'm back in a Scooby - but maybe I should have told the wife...!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Stig AKA Kevd

Kev is racing at Thruxton today the fastest circuit in the country.
I know you won`t see this till you get back but Good luck Kev. and keep it on the black stuff mate.
Old 08 May 2010, 07:42 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Good Luck Kev.
Old 08 May 2010, 06:30 PM
mrs_b4
Scooby Regular

Is Kev still racing at Brand's on the 22nd May I asked him at the lodge and he wasn't sure what the dates where himself,although he said if Chris has put it on the event's list then it's most likely if he is may well go and watch as I actually have the day off(only if it's not raining)
Old 08 May 2010, 06:40 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Heard from Kev today , unfortunately one of the drivers lost their lives there today , not good

Best of luck Kev in what will be a trying weekend
Old 09 May 2010, 09:06 AM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Location: Happy that I'm back in a Scooby - but maybe I should have told the wife...!

As Tiny said; yesterday a Ferrari driver was killed in a 150mph crash delaying racing for approx 6 hours tragic news.
But our fearless Kevd went out for his race at 6pm in the evening.
Qualifying was tough with 40 cars spread over 4 secs and Kev started 31st made his way upto around 20th and then a couple of laps from the end the bottom end of his engine decided it did`nt want to race anymore and only just got him to the finish at a much reduced pace.
When I spoke to kev post race he was very upbeat and looking forward to getting his spare engine in and going for it again.
Which is on the 22nd may at Brands Hatch GP circuit so come on all you ESC members get yourself there to support our very own resident racing driver.
Old 09 May 2010, 10:48 AM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

very sad news

i think thruxtons got the fastest bend in the country "church" from what everyone used to say it's very unnerving, you go threw it almost flat out and it's trying to push you wide onto the grass
Old 09 May 2010, 04:04 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

When I die I'd want it to be going ***** out in a Ferrari, tragic news but at least he went fulfilling his boyhood ambition rather than of a heart attack on the toilet.

Just my own personal viewpoint on death and I fully appreciate that it may not agree with everyone elses. I've been closer to it than most and it does make you approach it a little differently.

Trending Topics

Old 09 May 2010, 06:10 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Originally Posted by Milamber
When I die I'd want it to be going ***** out in a Ferrari, tragic news but at least he went fulfilling his boyhood ambition rather than of a heart attack on the toilet.

Just my own personal viewpoint on death and I fully appreciate that it may not agree with everyone elses. I've been closer to it than most and it does make you approach it a little differently.

Totally agree Chris - I want to go in a similar way - certainly not pushing a trolley round Tescos - at least he went doing something we can only guess that he loved!

The really tragic thing is it is an exact repeat of a very nasty accident by a formula 3 driver several years ago - where the catch fencing didn't stop the car, rather it launched it. With the F3 car it actually hit someone in the crowd ....

On a lighter note - well done Kev - look forward to seeing you at Brands!!
Old 09 May 2010, 08:48 PM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Milamber
I`ve done the ***** out in a ferrari 355 round thruxton and it is the fastest circuit in the country I havn`t seen any press on what happened yet but if nobody else was involved. It would almost certainly be mechanical failure as it`s a relatively safe circuit although fast.
I`d agree with you on what a way to go much more dignified than the second option you mentioned.
Old 09 May 2010, 08:56 PM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby seb
very sad news

i think thruxtons got the fastest bend in the country "church" from what everyone used to say it's very unnerving, you go threw it almost flat out and it's trying to push you wide onto the grass
Church is the fastest corner in the country and as a total motorsport adrenalin junkie WOW what a corner. A sweeping right hander and if you clip the apex just after the apex is a bump in the track it does unsettle the car and can launch you offline if you were nonchalant about it. But what a buzz.
I`m sure kevd will back me up on it after trying it out for himself on Fri. and Sat.
Old 09 May 2010, 09:06 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Arkwright
Church is the fastest corner in the country and as a total motorsport adrenalin junkie WOW what a corner. A sweeping right hander and if you clip the apex just after the apex is a bump in the track it does unsettle the car and can launch you offline if you were nonchalant about it. But what a buzz.
I`m sure kevd will back me up on it after trying it out for himself on Fri. and Sat.
when i was on the spanners for robb addison he was always talking about church and when we was running with mark jones he was telling me how he got it wrong at church and ended up in the tyre wall with a face full of glass
Old 11 May 2010, 12:43 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

*** UPDATE ***

I have just spoken to my Dad - who was one of the Chief Track Observers at Thruxton on Saturday.

The good news is the driver involved in the horrific accident was not killed. Although he hit the bank side on, was launched over the armco & landed on his roof, he survived the crash.

The paramedics did however have to restart his heart three times at the side of the track - and due to them not being able to stabalise him they were unable to take him by air ambulance.

The air ambulance returned to it's pad in the centre of the track without leaving the circiut - hence giving the impression it was not needed due to a fatality.

The person involved is in hospital in a critical but stable condition - in a coma, although these can often be drug-induced to allow the body to recover.

I hope he makes a full recovery.
Old 11 May 2010, 01:00 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

this thread covers it also. http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...0at%20Thruxton
Old 11 May 2010, 01:11 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Scooby Blue WRX
*** UPDATE ***

I have just spoken to my Dad - who was one of the Chief Track Observers at Thruxton on Saturday.

The good news is the driver involved in the horrific accident was not killed. Although he hit the bank side on, was launched over the armco & landed on his roof, he survived the crash.

The paramedics did however have to restart his heart three times at the side of the track - and due to them not being able to stabalise him they were unable to take him by air ambulance.

The air ambulance returned to it's pad in the centre of the track without leaving the circiut - hence giving the impression it was not needed due to a fatality.

The person involved is in hospital in a critical but stable condition - in a coma, although these can often be drug-induced to allow the body to recover.

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Coma's are for poof's FEEL THE PAIN baby

Joking aside, what great news that he wasn't killed.
Old 11 May 2010, 07:00 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

sad news it's say's he passed away this afternoon

thoughts to his family
Old 11 May 2010, 07:03 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

http://www.gtcup.co.uk/news/139-8909...-statement.php
Old 11 May 2010, 07:07 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Oh that's a shame
Old 11 May 2010, 08:39 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

- speechless stuff
Old 12 May 2010, 01:21 PM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

very sad news
Old 12 May 2010, 02:28 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post