Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

ESC Poser's Run to Sarfend 010909

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2009, 01:29 PM
Wallwatcher 1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC Poser's Run to Sarfend 010909

Mainly for the attention of Mrs ESC, Tiny or Beastie

I have prepared a stock of CDs for Saturday. If one of you would kindly collect them as you pass by. I managed to stitch the files into a single file for each month. The June run was my very first attempt at using the video feature on the camera and it shows. Never mind, I made up for it with the July run. I am quite pleased with that!

The files run on most DVDs, PCs, etc but I will include a great little proggy called "GOM " that you can install if necessary.

See you good people on Saturday and if the weather and light permits, the camera will be running ! !

Best wishes, Michael and Maggie The Wallwatchers
Old 27 July 2009, 03:04 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont you mean 010809?
Old 27 July 2009, 03:40 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Location: Loving the ESC FAMILY thing. F*CK the TROUBLE MAKERS :D

Can someone collect these as I never go to the posers meet and not sure if Tiny will be going either.
Old 27 July 2009, 04:25 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Originally Posted by Mrs ESC
Can someone collect these as I never go to the posers meet and not sure if Tiny will be going either.
Won't be at this one either - due to lack of parking (and Ark arguing with the old bill!)

Would love someone to get us a copy though......Brian?

Karen - bout time you updated you location............?
Old 27 July 2009, 05:39 PM
GeorgeM
Scooby Regular

will be more than glad to collect them if needed,
we will be in the white classic with jap flag on roof

GeorgeM

ps also collecting karting money
Old 27 July 2009, 06:05 PM
scoobydavewrxsti
Scooby Regular

Is there any chance of the footage or just clips being posted on here or onto youtube i did the July run and would love to see me drive past
Old 27 July 2009, 10:33 PM
BeeSTi
Scooby Regular

Location: Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out

Hi Michael & Maggie, Sounds like you have been busy people ......

If GeorgeM doesn`t come for some reason I will be glad to stop the traffic and make the pickup, I will unfortunately be still in the Team CORSA vehicle, shoulden`t be to hard to hear the difference in engine notes.

Regards Darren

Last edited by BeeSTi; 27 July 2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 27 July 2009, 11:14 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Originally Posted by BeeSTi
Hi Michael & Maggie, Sounds like you have been busy people ......

If GeorgeM doesn`t come for some reason I will be glad to stop the traffic and make the pickup, I will unfortunately be still in the Team CORSA vehicle, shoulden`t be to hard to hear the difference in engine notes.

Regards Darren
Just a thought Darren but would it be an idea to pass some of these out when we first regroup just before the speed camera along the front. If the parking is as bad as last month we will be split up all over the place once we double back to the cafe. It won't take long if 2 or 3 of us do it.

I can grab a few copies for Tiny, Hils (Scooby Blue WRX), Dave (scoobydavewrxsti) & e6graham as I will be seeing them at the American diner meal the next day.
Old 28 July 2009, 07:52 AM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC
Just a thought Darren but would it be an idea to pass some of these out when we first regroup just before the speed camera along the front. If the parking is as bad as last month we will be split up all over the place once we double back to the cafe. It won't take long if 2 or 3 of us do it.

I can grab a few copies for Tiny, Hils (Scooby Blue WRX), Dave (scoobydavewrxsti) & e6graham as I will be seeing them at the American diner meal the next day.
Cheers Mark!
Old 28 July 2009, 10:37 AM
BeeSTi
Scooby Regular

Location: Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC

Sounds like a good idea Mark
Old 28 July 2009, 02:25 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GeorgeM
will be more than glad to collect them if needed,
we will be in the white classic with jap flag on roof

GeorgeM

ps also collecting karting money

There will be two white classics with jap flag on the roof... mine has got the jap army flag and my car will be the one looking sorry for itself as its a recent crash test victim

...not to be mistaken for Georges car
Old 28 July 2009, 02:27 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Will Tiny not be at this meet??

2 reasons for asking...

1. I need to pick up my new shirt - maybe Phil will have it if he's there?
2. Wanted to see his car again and drool all over it
Old 28 July 2009, 02:39 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Nope Tiny not there, Nor is Phil IIRC sure someone will bring the shirt along.
Old 28 July 2009, 03:18 PM
GeorgeM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alex_00s
There will be two white classics with jap flag on the roof... mine has got the jap army flag and my car will be the one looking sorry for itself as its a recent crash test victim

...not to be mistaken for Georges car
not mine though mate
it belongs to SWMBO (Mrs ST?)

GeorgeM
Old 28 July 2009, 03:39 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GeorgeM
not mine though mate
it belongs to SWMBO (Mrs ST?)

GeorgeM

Oops ok sorry yeah, not to be mistaken for Mrs ST or whom ever else would be the likely owner of said car...

Either way the beaten up one is my heap, lol
Old 28 July 2009, 04:44 PM
xkellyx
Scooby Regular

any chance someone can grab me a copy as i cant make the posers cruise this time
Old 28 July 2009, 07:24 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alex_00s
Will Tiny not be at this meet??
Afraid i wont be there Alex , Phil has your pink shirt as arranged many months ago for you to collect but unfortunately you was unable to make it , i know Phil is away on holiday for this meet so won't be there either !!!
I Will pm him & see if we can come up with a plan D

2 reasons for asking

2. Wanted to see his car again and drool all over it
Ooo err no thanks
Old 28 July 2009, 10:08 PM
Wallwatcher 1
Scooby Newbie

Hi, Folks! Date correction - 01-08-09 - sorry about that but I am old!

What a great response, thank you all.

Darren, I have about 40 done - never sure just how many would be wanted. The purpose of this little venture is to raise some dosh for the Essex Air Ambulance. I suggested a nominal £1. If I could get them on You Tube, etc, there would be nothing going into the kitty, now would there? If there are any takers on Saturday, please nobble them for a pound - forward any monies and the remaining discs to Mrs ESC and she can put them in the ESC shop window. If this isn't a good idea, perhaps Mrs ESC would contact me offline, eye4bugs@yahoo.co.uk ? ?

As you can well appreciate, the event is just like the Tour de France, you all cruise by in a matter of minutes and then there is silence until the next month.... These clips are not a feature film, just me recording a brief moment in time.

See you on Saturday, Darren and perhaps, in September, Maggie and I will be able to join you guys.

Michael, Wallwatcher 1
Old 28 July 2009, 10:26 PM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Location: Happy that I'm back in a Scooby - but maybe I should have told the wife...!

Originally Posted by Wallwatcher 1

Darren, I have about 40 done - never sure just how many would be wanted. The purpose of this little venture is to raise some dosh for the Essex Air Ambulance. I suggested a nominal £1. If I could get them on You Tube, etc, there would be nothing going into the kitty, now would there? If there are any takers on Saturday, please nobble them for a pound - forward any monies and the remaining discs to Mrs ESC and she can put them in the ESC shop window. If this isn't a good idea, perhaps Mrs ESC would contact me offline, eye4bugs@yahoo.co.uk ? ?

As you can well appreciate, the event is just like the Tour de France, you all cruise by in a matter of minutes and then there is silence until the next month.... These clips are not a feature film, just me recording a brief moment in time.

See you on Saturday, Darren and perhaps, in September, Maggie and I will be able to join you guys.

Michael, Wallwatcher 1
I`m sure everybody would be up for at least a pound donation
Old 28 July 2009, 10:36 PM
GeorgeM
Scooby Regular

sounds like a good idea to me.
I'll have £5 ready

GeorgeM
Old 28 July 2009, 11:20 PM
BeeSTi
Scooby Regular

Michael, Wallwatcher 1

Will do Michael, I would be more than happy to collect you good self`s any poser cruise night you wish, but at this moment in time it would have to be in the Corsa hasen`t quite got the same appeal as the scooby but you never know ,might have it back for September meet

will keep you informed, and I am sure you will get many offers of a ride down from the other ESC members anyway.

Regards Darren
Old 02 August 2009, 01:42 AM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Darren, I have about 40 done - never sure just how many would be wanted. The purpose of this little venture is to raise some dosh for the Essex Air Ambulance. I suggested a nominal £1.

If there are any takers on Saturday, please nobble them for a pound - forward any monies and the remaining discs to Mrs ESC and she can put them in the ESC shop window. If this isn't a good idea, perhaps Mrs ESC would contact me offline, eye4bugs@yahoo.co.uk ? ?

Michael, Wallwatcher 1
Hi Michael and Maggie I was in the black lead car & picked up the discs on behalf of Darren, Tiny & the ESC.

Well done for braving the rain & what a good job sorting out recording all those discs. Despite the awful weather you will be pleased to know we gave out nearly half the discs & I have collected £23 so far. That's without the money Darren got for his ones.

I shall have some more customers at the American Diner meal in Chelmsford today.

I played mine on my PC when I got in & like you say it's not a feature film but it is a pretty intense few minutes of sight & sound. Well done for your efforts.
Old 02 August 2009, 08:40 AM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Nice one