Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Any aerial fitters on here??

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2009, 09:40 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any aerial fitters on here??

I've had a look on the Professions thread but there isn't anyone obvious.

If there isn't, can anyone recommend a good fitter??

BTW, the first person to mention van-aerial will get a from me

Cheers
Old 02 January 2009, 08:15 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give Gary @ Anglian Aerials a ring on 07836 219733 tell him Boyd recomended him he's a top bloke. Not sure where u are and if he'll travel far but worth a try
Old 02 January 2009, 01:35 PM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

Or you could give Brian a call @ BBL Aerials 07831 639859
I have been using him for over 10 years now, I have tried numerous aerial guys but Brian is the best, he does a fantasic job and I trust him

Tell him you'r a friend of Chris's from Stellisons and he will look after you
Old 02 January 2009, 09:27 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

BBL Aerials

I may give them a call as I am looking into maybe getting Freesat & also need a feed for upstairs etc.

Mark
Old 03 January 2009, 10:50 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark. Speak to Gary he's a top top bloke and only in Colchester he'll sort u out. Been using him through work for 15 years and never had a problem with him
Old 04 January 2009, 12:09 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your suggestions. We'll give them a call next week to get something sorted
Old 05 January 2009, 09:46 PM
Tissy
Scooby Regular

Could do a "group buy", i'm after one too. As i my aerial is piped (cable), Virgin Media do not send the digital freeview channels down the cable without the "selling" me another decoder box. Not a lot of good when the TV already has a freeview decoder built in. Despite me having all three services (TV, Broadband and telephone), they still want £30 one off payment for the decoder and then £9.95 each month for the "Free" service. Not exactly Free then !!

Ed, the aerial you will want is a DAT 75, little more expensive than the standard DAT 45, but will future proof you're installation. I have all the cables run, i'm just to much of a chicken to get on the roof, so thats all i need doing. Someone to replace the exisiting aerial with the new Digital one.

PM me with what prices you get if you can please mate.
Old 06 January 2009, 09:55 PM
simon57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tissy
Could do a "group buy", i'm after one too. As i my aerial is piped (cable), Virgin Media do not send the digital freeview channels down the cable without the "selling" me another decoder box. Not a lot of good when the TV already has a freeview decoder built in. Despite me having all three services (TV, Broadband and telephone), they still want £30 one off payment for the decoder and then £9.95 each month for the "Free" service. Not exactly Free then !!

Ed, the aerial you will want is a DAT 75, little more expensive than the standard DAT 45, but will future proof you're installation. I have all the cables run, i'm just to much of a chicken to get on the roof, so thats all i need doing. Someone to replace the exisiting aerial with the new Digital one.

PM me with what prices you get if you can please mate.
Im with tissy on this. Half of harlow is cable only. so you go and buy a freeview tele and cant use all the channels. id like prices pm'd too please
Old 06 January 2009, 10:23 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Guys,

The ickle girl is gonna sort this out as she's at home all day now. When she bought the house it was a new build. The odd thing is it's got a cable fully wired in, but there's no aerial connected to it

There's SKY with a dish installed, therefore we've never needed another aerial. That is until I bought a DAB radio for the living room for Christmas and discovered that the DAB reception is pretty poor to say the least. To combat this we want to run it through an external aerial, hence my request.

When she gets around to arranging something I'll speak to the fitter and find out some prices

HTH

Last edited by Adidas; 06 January 2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07 January 2009, 07:25 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

DAB Radio

Big Let Down Reception area is really poor nearly everywhere
Old 07 January 2009, 06:52 PM
Tissy
Scooby Regular

Of course DAB is soooo last year, this is the new thing - Sonos - Home, its the nuts

Have it installed in the house and it is very good, you get Digital Radio from ANYWHERE over the world, instant access to your CD collection stored as MP3s and for a small subscription, unlimited access to Napster if you wish. So no more CDs, pure digital
Old 07 January 2009, 09:12 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Tissy
Of course DAB is soooo last year, this is the new thing - Sonos - Home, its the nuts

Have it installed in the house and it is very good, you get Digital Radio from ANYWHERE over the world, instant access to your CD collection stored as MP3s and for a small subscription, unlimited access to Napster if you wish. So no more CDs, pure digital
Is it any better then AirWave?
Old 07 January 2009, 09:19 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Location: It's not a Scoob, or even a Skoda, but 200bhp is on the horizon..

Originally Posted by simon57
Im with tissy on this. Half of harlow is cable only. so you go and buy a freeview tele and cant use all the channels. id like prices pm'd too please
Might count me in on this as well......... trouble is I live in a flat, no outside aerials allowed, so not sure if there is an option for me, but would like to chat to him to see....