Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

FAO Baza1954 (and any other Spanish bound golfers)

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2008, 08:09 PM
ScoobyMaz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO Baza1954 (and any other Spanish bound golfers)

Baza

Just got back from our 4 days in Jerez, and as requested, here is some details about the courses we played:

Villa Nueva - Very flat and open, but excellent condition. Bunkers in the perfect positions to catch you out (much to my dismay!). We played it on the first day and it was the perfect opener to start off our holiday.

Sherry Golf Jerez - Much tougher course, trees pretty much everywhere, and where there aren't trees there are lakes! The last 6 holes are very good. The greens weren't in the greatest condition, still better than we get over here though, but the course isn't that old and they need more time to wear in.

Costa Ballena - This course is in the middle of a hotel complex, which I don't normally like, but with 27 holes and a 9 hole par 3 course it is well spread out. It is long and tough and in as good a condition as any course I have ever played. the pro's use this course for warm up rounds, and the changing rooms have massage rooms, saunas and spa baths! Also the food is amazing.

Montecastillo - They played the Volvo masters here from 1997-2002 and you can see why, it looks and plays amazing, if not a bit long for shorter hitters. The whole set up is perfect for a days golf, although it is expensive. The course is immaculate and would recommend this one out of the 4 if you get the chance to play there.

As for the whole holiday, we played 108 holes in 4 days and I am knackered, but thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed in Jerez town near the bullring and the hotel los Jandalos was perfect, good rooms and food. It is also quite cheap to stay in the area as it isn't very touristy.

If you want any more information let me know.

Last edited by ScoobyMaz; 12 May 2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12 May 2008, 08:15 PM
Baza1954
Scooby Regular

Hi mate was,nt you lot at the front of the plane on the way back home was it?. Sat next to a guy who did this trip and he said you had a ball.

Shall certainly look some of these up when I go out for two weeks in September Thanks for the advice.
Old 12 May 2008, 08:22 PM
ScoobyMaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Baza1954
Hi mate was,nt you lot at the front of the plane on the way back home was it?. Sat next to a guy who did this trip and he said you had a ball.

Shall certainly look some of these up when I go out for two weeks in September Thanks for the advice.
There was 2 groups on the plane, could have been one of our guys. The other group were from Reigate and almost missed the plane. They played Montecastillo on the last day too but got lost on the way back to Gib and nearky missed the plane!