Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Someone "shot" our window out

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2007, 02:41 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Someone "shot" our window out

Not a good day!!!

On our way home from southend via A13 - came off for pitsea and called into a shop just off of Luncies Road! I go into the shop, leaving Gooner and kids in the car - come out of the shops and Mr Gooner was NOT a happy man - infact, he looked like the incredible hulk about to change VERY green!

It seems that whilst he was in the car - some idiot either threw a stone or maybe an air rifle and hit out his window - glass everywhere - kids screaming and me looking rather confused as I walked out of the shop!

Called the police - who were about as helpful as chocolate fire guards and about as interested as one as well! They wasn't interested in the CCTV at the shop despite it clearly showing the scoob outside - aparently because it was a split staged film - the chances of actually seeing anything was slim - WTF is the point in CCTV then???

They did knock on the doors of the two top flats but apparently didn't get the "vibe" - my answer to that would've been rather rude and involved naughty toys in the **** area!!!!

And that was it - glass everywhere inside the car, behind the seats by the car chairs - EVERYWHERE. The police even asked if there was any damage to the window which could've caused it to explode? Hmmm let me think about that - NO!

So we now need a new window and in the meantime - a black sack and duc tape will have to suffice!

(step down........... breathe...........rant over)
Old 08 December 2007, 03:08 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Kin Hell!!

Hope everyone is ok.

Check if Dazza was in the area with the other armed robbers.
Old 08 December 2007, 03:11 PM
Michaela
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this
Hope you manage to sort it out! x
Old 08 December 2007, 03:28 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Try Nevendon salvage for a spare window, they usually have a few cars in.

At least no one was hurt.
Old 08 December 2007, 03:38 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Why ? this **** makes me boil ! Kids in the car FFS !

Glad all ok and at least its only broken glass not dented, punctured bodywork
Old 08 December 2007, 03:40 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad no-one was hurt but sorry to hear that it has shaken the kids up and that you need to pay for a new window. i only live round the corner from there too!
Old 08 December 2007, 03:41 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ms Gooner 1
Mr Gooner was NOT a happy man - infact, he looked like the incredible hulk about to change VERY green!

See i did warn you Nate !!

Sorry to hear this trouble , Hope everything gets sorted asap

Lol nice Sack & Gatter tape
Old 08 December 2007, 03:46 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Originally Posted by yellowvanman
Kin Hell!!

Hope everyone is ok.

Check if Dazza was in the area with the other armed robbers.

lol, i couldn't shoot a barn dor at 5 paces!!!!

glad you are all OK - cars can be fixed!!!
Old 08 December 2007, 03:51 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

LOl - tiny
Thanks all for the posts - pain in the flipping *** I tell ya!
But yes - I'm just glad that it wasn't more serious and glad it was his window and not the kids' - as I think we would've needed more police to talk daren out of throwing someone over a balcony!
Just wish I knew WHY? was it just kids messing about, or was it because he's got "Gooner" on the window - some people take their teams quite seriously? Or was it because its a scoob? Or indeed none of the above LOL - but we're quite certain that SOMETHING must've hit the window and they don't just normally explode for no reason - do they?
Old 08 December 2007, 03:57 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

they don't just normally explode for no reason - do they?
Nope they dont , I Work with Toughened glass day in , Day out , Very rarely it explodes without anything touching it

I Would say that it was a small stone flicked up by a passing ar maybe ?

But boy oh Boy when it go's it go's !!

I Bet Gooner cacked himself when it did go pop
Old 08 December 2007, 04:05 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

LOL - I shouldn't laugh really
As we were in a car park there was no other travelling vehicle around to flick a stone up. The only other car was on about 20 foot away that a bloke was getting into just as the window went.
I must say as I walked out of the shop I thought Gooner and said bloke had had a bit of a barney as when I walked out they were both looking a little "riled" and both looked at me - then I saw the window - what was left and thought maybe it was a BIG barney and said bloke had smashed window - in which case I was expecing the hulk to emerge with torn shirt and green face LMAO.
But it seems there is no explanation - but i think it certainly gave him a right ol scare yes - scared the kids more though - when we got home Lilly siad "i don't wanna go in there mummy incase the windows come in" poor little blighter.
But as said before - glass and car can be replaced - babies can't!
Old 08 December 2007, 04:11 PM
mrs_b4
Scooby Regular

You do get some sh*tty kid's round there pound to a penny it was an air rifle,perhap's you should keep one in the car and retaliate,then you would have got copper's interest
Old 08 December 2007, 04:16 PM
ScoobyMaz
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear about this, it is scary that this happens on our own doorstep!
Why do the police have to wait till someone is seriously hurt in an incident like this till they do something about it? Next time it happens there could be a newborn baby in a baby seat under the window and the conseqeunces could be severe. Then the police would get involved, but it could be prevented from this incident.........rant over......probably get done for speeding tonight on the way to southend!
Old 08 December 2007, 05:04 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

I am quite annoyed at the lack of concern shown by the police - they just didn't seem interested. I'm not knocking them - they do a public service etc - and I'm not one to show dislike to someone because of the job they do - however, they were a bit like dumb and dumber! It was ME that pointed out CCTV - and the police woman firstly said "well that doesn't show the car" - to which I pointed out that infact it DID quite clearly show the car and broken glass - she then responded saying "well its a freeze frame recording so you've got a limited chance of seeing anything"
I am really pleased though that it wasn't the back window with the kids - or that it didn't cause any kind of damage to Gooner in the front - being that he was inches from it!
But they tried to imply that maybe he'd done it - i said "if he did it from the inside - why is the glass on the inside" - hardly made me columbo did it!? the copper said that when glass like this is broken - it goes everywhere. No **** sherlock!
Still, we'll get a new window sorted this week - doesn't help with the bloody rain though! typical!
Old 08 December 2007, 05:10 PM
ScoobyMaz
Scooby Regular

It was ME that pointed out CCTV - and the police woman firstly said "well that doesn't show the car" - to which I pointed out that infact it DID quite clearly show the car and broken glass - she then responded saying "well its a freeze frame recording so you've got a limited chance of seeing anything"
Until they at least check the tape, they will never know. It could freeze frame the exact second that they needed to see? It seems as though some things are too much effort sometimes.
Might mean more paperwork for them, which I know is taking up far too much of their time, but still, this could well be gun related (albeit an air rifle, but they still do damage).
Old 08 December 2007, 05:17 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

I couldn't agree with you more - it was such an effort for them to come out of their car in the rain - and by lord it was hammering down - I'm glad the seats are lether LOL - cause cloth would be ruined after the rain it saw today! But I was wondering why they weren't taking it slightly more seriously - but hey maybe we need a few more incidents of broken windows - or a few animals getting maimed - then it will be taken slightly more seriously. Still, if it was THEIR car that got shot at - it'd be front page news!
Old 08 December 2007, 06:34 PM
ABW
Former Sponsor

Sorry to hear this let me know the window that was broken and the year of your car i may have one up the yard
Old 08 December 2007, 07:04 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ABW
Sorry to hear this let me know the window that was broken and the year of your car i may have one up the yard
Its the drivers window (electric - not sure if that makes much difference) - its a UK Classic, 99 on a V reg.
Old 08 December 2007, 07:14 PM
ABW
Former Sponsor

I'll have a look for you tomorrow morning . pm me your no. and I'll let you know