Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Thanks from Scoobvity for Children in Need

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2006, 12:55 AM
white knight
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks from Scoobycity for Children in Need

I'm not sure if I have the words to express my gratitude, respect and admiration for all those who came along to support Scoobycity's annual Children in Need charity drive............but I'm gonna give it a go anyway! http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/phpBB2/i...miles/lol1.gif

I am stunned at the level of commitment shown for so many people - I reckon at least 250 of you - who braved the worst weather we've seen since JAE to make their way up to Norwich. Scoobs came all the way from the Midlands, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Kent, Essex and probably even further. Huge thanks go to every single one of you - you have together made this one of the most succesful Scoobycity events in its history. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did, and have now made it home safe and sound!

We had 91 cars in the convoy this year, about a 50% increase on last year's total. We raised just over £3,500, with a combination of entry money, auction bids, and donations.

Special thanks have to go to the Scoobycity Team - this was a real joint effort, and despite some atrocious conditions (I was soaked before most of you turned up! http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/phpBB2/i...miles/lol1.gif ), and some organised chaos, I think it all went pretty damned well. Thanks also to Makro, who allowed us to use their car park yet again.

Thanks to Eugene and Chris from EMG Subaru for the donation of the Prodrive driving days for the auction. Unfortunately, Eugene arrived at Makro just after we'd left, and I'm not sure if he ever caught us up, which is a real shame as it would have been great to show them our thanks in person. Thanks also to our contact (he knows who he is http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/phpBB2/i.../icon_wink.gif ) at Subaru UK who generously donated all the Subaru merchandise.

Big thanks go to Gemma and Stuart, the management at The Village Inn, Little Melton. Not only do they put up with us taking over on the first Tuesday of every month, they excelled themselves with a superb free buffet once again.

But the biggest thanks of the night must go to that group without which NONE of this would have been possible............Dirty Harry, and the Norfolk Constabulary team. You guys are simply amazing, Andy is an absolute hero, and you have my utmost respect for once again showing what a great job you all do.

I'm sure there's plenty I've forgotten to say, but the cold and damp has seeped into my bones, and I can't think of it now.

Once again, my thanks go to each and everyone of you, and we'll do it all again next year! http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/phpBB2/i...on_mrgreen.gif

Last edited by white knight; 18 November 2006 at 01:13 AM. Reason: poor spelling! lol
Old 18 November 2006, 09:12 AM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

Default My Pictures

Sorry but its a link to my SITE.

Welcome to My Photo Album: Children In Need '06

Baz
Old 18 November 2006, 12:21 PM
Tomski_908
Scooby Regular

Great event!!

Shame the whether wasn't on our side but oh well still enjoyed myself, Even thou i did have to play catch up
Old 18 November 2006, 12:41 PM
dashpig
Scooby Regular

Yeah seconded - great event !!

Thanks to everyone that organised it and made it happen, and good to see so much money was raised

Think i may have even talked a member of the general public into taking a test drive in one Add 1 to the number for next year's turn out

Why a shame about the weather ?? Ideal conditions for 4 wheel drive scoobs - all apart from the tidal wave that hit us coming from Ipswich that is
Old 18 November 2006, 08:37 PM
Her at the back
Scooby Regular

Any more pictures?
Old 18 November 2006, 08:40 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Extremely well organised!!!!

Was a very good turn out dispite the weather... and didnt you just know the day after was gonna be clear skys and sunshine... SODS LAW! But didnt for a second put a dampener on the event!

Fantastic that that money was raised! Hope it helps the charity!!!

Will definately be involved next yr and hopefully drag a few more ppl out to support it!

ps: thanks ADE... would never have found the Village Inn without you mate!
Old 18 November 2006, 08:50 PM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Her at the back
Any more pictures?
you may have to try Welcome to Scoobycity - The Subaru Owners Club

And check there forums....
Old 18 November 2006, 09:31 PM
MrBush
Scooby Regular

Excellent event!

Very well organised..................

Mr and MrsBush very much enjoyed ourselves.

I took some photos myself but they are not up to much so sorry for the poor quality.

I'll blame it on the camera......................

Big thanks for Dazza and his sat nav which without we wouldn't have made it to the pub!

And a big sorry to wozza on behalf of my sat nav as it took us down a 1 way road barley big enough for 1 car only to find that it had been closed and was infact a dead end!

Still we got home in the end!

Quality event and will definatly be back next year!

Hopefully with better weather!
Old 18 November 2006, 09:59 PM
wozzaa
Scooby Regular

And a big sorry to wozza on behalf of my sat nav as it took us down a 1 way road barley big enough for 1 car only to find that it had been closed and was infact a dead end!

No problem got there in the end. Sorry about being a grumpy git I had a thumping headache
Old 18 November 2006, 10:05 PM
Her at the back
Scooby Regular

We got home ok NEARLY ran out of petrol but made it to ipswich
Old 18 November 2006, 11:13 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Originally Posted by Her at the back
Any more pictures?

Children in Need '06-PICS HERE

Sorry I missed you HATB, when we parked up in Gentlemens Walk,someone said you were looking for me but we had to leave before I could find you.

Can't really add much more to what Rob has already said. You guys all went that extra mile (some of you well over 200 miles) to support this & without YOU there would have been no event,so well done one & all.

And roll on next years Children in Need convoy, can't wait.

Mark

Last edited by FLAT ERIC; 19 November 2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 19 November 2006, 08:36 AM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

i was about to post
Pictures here
Scoobycity :: View topic - Children in Need '06- POST YOUR PICS HERE

Baz