Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Scooby Chip

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2005, 12:23 AM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Scooby Chip

Hi people been looking on ebay (a dangerous passtime lol) found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...985565298&rd=1 is it really as good as it sounds?
I wanna perk my scoob up a little so I can play with the big boys, I have 1997 UK Catalunya (Hence the name lol) so far got a full de-cat system BOV and induction kit, apart from a chip or remap dont know what else I can do? Have heard that scoobs don't like chips though n they need a remap? If so any idea how much and where?

I bow to your superior knowledge
Thanx guys

Chris...

P.S Also after a WRX spoiler (poss carbon) as I still have the wussy little one any input on that also?
Old 12 July 2005, 06:36 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

Hi mate

I've had my JDM WRX V-Limited fitted with a scoobyECU and remap, and it's made a massive difference, lovely amount of power, and it's even better on petrol now, so a double bonus!!!!
I had it done at Scoobytek by Pat( from Scoobyclinic), I can't tell you how much it will cost as I done a little deal with Pat so got it done at a very reasonable price.
I'd highly recommend it, though you may need an uprated fuel pump.

As for the spoiler, I got mine, a STI v6 for £160 (including postage) on Ebay, and it's very good quality too!

Hope this helps
Old 13 July 2005, 12:17 AM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cornelius
Hi mate

I've had my JDM WRX V-Limited fitted with a scoobyECU and remap, and it's made a massive difference, lovely amount of power, and it's even better on petrol now, so a double bonus!!!!
I had it done at Scoobytek by Pat( from Scoobyclinic), I can't tell you how much it will cost as I done a little deal with Pat so got it done at a very reasonable price.
I'd highly recommend it, though you may need an uprated fuel pump.

As for the spoiler, I got mine, a STI v6 for £160 (including postage) on Ebay, and it's very good quality too!

Hope this helps
Sounds cool thanx m8 don't suppose u still have the number or maybe a web address? Seen loadsa spoilers on ebay but never sure if will b one built by a chimp and look like a banana when I get it home lol saw a 2nd hand one their last week actually finished in mica black 2 but I was out bid in the closing seconds by a pound I was so p!ssed off nearly threw my mouse out the window lol!! If u c one while u r surfing ebay next mabe u could make a note of the item number or seller for me?

Thanx for your help though hope 2 have a chat with u bout the remap @ the next posers cruise

Chris...
Old 13 July 2005, 05:02 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

www.scoobyclinic.co.uk - 01246 590807
www.scoobytek.co.uk - 08703 609696 (ask for Paul)

I'll try and find out who I bought my spoiler off Ebay, and wil let you know
Old 24 July 2005, 01:14 PM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cornelius
www.scoobyclinic.co.uk - 01246 590807
www.scoobytek.co.uk - 08703 609696 (ask for Paul)

I'll try and find out who I bought my spoiler off Ebay, and wil let you know
Thanks m8 soz bout l8 reply but been on my holls Will check them out just as soon as I get the Cat up and running again? (see my sick scooby posting)

Thanks again.

Chris...
Old 24 July 2005, 05:23 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

Another worthy mod is uprating your fuel pump, as the standard one can lean out under heavy acceleration, you'd be looking at around £100 for a walbro 255l/hr pump
Old 25 July 2005, 02:39 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you posted in the Technical forums you might have got a more accurate response!!

ScoobyECU chips will not fit the MY97> cars

Your best off calling Scoobyclinic who maybe able to help with your std ECU or replace the ECU for a Link, Apexi, Motec etc

As for spoilers, I've seeen some real rubbish from there.
Make sure you get a recomendation from someone or get it from a respected Scooby supplier. Try DR motorsports, scoobymania etc
Old 25 July 2005, 03:18 PM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dyney
If you posted in the Technical forums you might have got a more accurate response!!

Your best off calling Scoobyclinic who maybe able to help with your std ECU or replace the ECU for a Link, Apexi, Motec etc

Make sure you get a recomendation from someone or get it from a respected Scooby supplier. Try DR motorsports, scoobymania etc
Sounds cool thanx, always worry bout things like that on ebay as u don't get the chance to actually c it b4 u buy? Will prob chat bout the remap @ the rolling road day when Hp will b top of my mind LOL.
Will check out ur guys bout my spoiler?

Thanx Chris...
Old 25 July 2005, 05:04 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dyney

I didn't say that a scoobyecu would fit, I was just using my car as an example for the car being remapped, like I said, it's a worth while mod