Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Odd engine management issues

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2022, 02:09 PM
JustTrynaImpreza
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd engine management issues

Hi all, I'm having some strange DTCs come up,

I can't remember the codes off my head but I have a few obd readers that most of which seem to give different codes

Laptop with OBDWiz and OBD LINK X lead
Bluetooth OBD reader that connects to my aftermarket stereo
Standard OBD Reader

So with the bluetooth and OBD LINK X I get errors come up for both Lambda sensors, which I have replaced both but still getting DTCS for both
With the standalone obd reader it gives me a maf error (No O2 sensor errors)
I took my car to get the cambelt done at a place called AVS, they read the codes there and there was a whole lot of other ones that I can't remember off the top of my head, something like seven codes though
Also took it to a KwikFit to get my wheels aligned and they read the codes too and got the same as AVS,

My question is, what the f*ck is going on, how can I have so many different DTCs that are picked up by different OBD readers,

If I clear the codes they come back immediately,

Also while the engine light is on I have no traction control or cruise control, but if I clear the errors for the couple seconds they're gone so is the warning lights, I'm not sure if that could be something the impreza does or if one of the errors has something to do with the traction control,

Thanks for any help in advance, really quite baffled on this one and don't have the funds to spend on taking it to a garage

The cars a 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX hatchback 2.5L turbo petrol (If anyone could give me the model number that'd be greatly appreciated, spent a lot of time looking for it)

If there's anything I've missed please let me know
Old 16 December 2022, 04:48 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

If you are looking for the VIN plate, on newer models it is at the base of the B pillar on the passenger side.
As shown here.