Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Nissan JECS Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2020, 12:46 PM
dangerous_dadbler
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan JECS Injectors

Nissan JECS Injectors for R33 skyline with adapter kits fitted into a Subaru GC8C4ED with a EJ20GDW5PE engine. (ref. https://legacypic.uk/engine/search.php?code=ej20gdw5pe )

It looks like most of the JECS side-feed injectors of the given era were very similar for given performance models with slight variations on casing fitment (ref. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JECS )

Genuine 550 555cc Fuel Injectors For Nissan Skyline R33 RB25DET ECR33
For 90-93 300ZX Phase 1 2 VG30DE VG30DETT Turbo Z32 Fuel Injector adapter Kits

ECU is a factory "6K"
Had installed a bigger turbo a few months prior and as a result was running a bit lean A/F.

The new injectors were supposed to solve this but instead the A/F is a bit on the rich side now.

Very rich A/F at idling since new injectors installed but runs okay at higher revs and loading.

Noticed the A/F oxygen sensor was faulty i.e. 0V at pins 6 and 17 on the A/F ECU signal input, O2 sensor open cct for the two heater pins alas, once removed can hear something is rattling around inside the sensor. Have ordered a new 3-pin Zirconium Oxide sensor - not sure of the min. pulse width for the injectors at idle on an 6K ECU will be sufficiently low to prevent rich idle condition, but will find out if a new O2 sensor generating a voltage for the A/F ECU will help reduce the injector pulse width at idle.

Anybody know the specs for the factory ECUs in terms of input ranges and output ranges as per various lookup tables in the ROM EPROM EEPROM?

Are there any circuit diagrams and specifications available for the ECUs? What's the pulse width range for the injectors on a 6K ECU?

Last edited by dangerous_dadbler; 31 December 2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old 31 December 2020, 06:15 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Your going about this the wrong way Sir you can't throw a set of injectors into an engine and expect it to run correctly. If I were you I would look into a mappable ECU or an ESL board.

Board 92/6 (Optional discounted cable and software available). (enduringsolutions.com)
Old 10 August 2021, 02:31 PM
dangerous_dadbler
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's just the price of the programmable ECUs seems expensive compared to the factory ECUs given they're basically the same thing but with EEPROMs instead of ROMs. Looking at the price of a PC Motherboard or Intel Processor, the technology is far superior but the price is much lower.. I can't justify the price of a new programmable ECU so will keep an eye out for a secondhand one on eBay but I bet they go like hotcakes. Just an APEXi with a controller would do just to lower the injector duty ratio :-) BTW the new turbo is a bit rubbish - a PRC eBay job - going back to the original turbo and original injectors as they were working fine :-) It's an old V2 that's harder to source parts for. I will keep it standard and let it appreciate as a classic. I'll be looking to buy a blob eye to spend time tuning in the future.