Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Knock on rev limiter

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2020, 03:57 PM
SAM-UK300
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Knock on rev limiter

Hi,

I have a knock link installed and it generally doesn't go much past 1 green light even during heavy driving etc, but if I make any "bangs" from hitting rev limiter or launch control etc it flashes right up in the Red... is this because it is picking up the "bangs" or is it actual knock? Of course you cannot be sure without seeing the car and checking with det cans etc but just wondered if this was common knowledge that bangs are registered as knock... I'm running a LINK ecu and have access to it via my laptop so can tweek any bits if anyone has any recommendations?
Old 17 June 2020, 02:20 PM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

did you use the knock output from the link and a set of det cans to setup your knock link sensitivity? Otherwise its just reporting volume of the sensor as it's just a microhpone. Anything loud enough will register as a red light depending on the settings.
Old 17 June 2020, 05:07 PM
SAM-UK300
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply, nope, I currently just have it set to maximum sensitivty. Need to get a set of det cans so that I can get it set up properly I guess.
Old 17 June 2020, 05:13 PM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

deffo a job to get that checked then, once it's setup right you'll have a better idea that it can be trusted when it does go off - but really the link ecu should be on top of it when the knock signal starts to increase anyway so the flashy light is just belt and braces for your own peace of mind.