Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

P1410 Gone But Now P1518 - At Wits End

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2020, 08:14 PM
Rocker
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1410 Gone But Now P1518 - At Wits End

Hi Folks

This has got a few very experienced Subaru mechanics stumped.

The car is a Legacy 2011 2.0i - A P1410 cel appeared and so the car was taken to a experienced Subaru indie to flash out the code as the secondary air pump system is not needed in the uk.

He said he couldn't do it as he had not seen an Hitachi ECU like this one before but he sent the ecu away so a program could be wrote to get rid of the P1410.

When the ecu came back he said the software had been written however he didn't want to reflash the ecu in case it didn't work and left the car undriveable.

He said to get a matching second hand ecu and then he could give it ago, These ecu are rare and none are available at a sensible price.

Here's where the mystery starts when I plugged my code reader in yesterday the P1410 has gone but now a P1518 is showing (starter switch circuit low input)

I took it to a bloke who has been working on Subaru 's for donkeys years and he did plenty of tests on the battery, solenoid & ecu but could not diagnose where the fault is coming from.

I erase the code but it comes back as pending the next start and the start after that it sets the lights and cruise flashing again

The car starts although with a slight hesitation and runs perfectly.

Shall I take it to a main dealer or has anyone got any further suggestions.

Many thanks in advance.