Notices

help help help !!!!!!! at wits end lol

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2009, 10:11 PM
bailey1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help help help !!!!!!! at wits end lol car jst wont start ??? small update 28/03/09

hi all i have a 99 impreza turbo that i have just got back from being stolen and my problem is i can not get the car started ??? the car was stolen just before christmas then found the following day just up the road as it had a flat tyr and no fuel hence was only up the road.first off they got in through the drivers door by busting the lock then the ignition barrel and i can only pressume the car immobiliser wasnt on as they drove it but apart from the ignition barrel damage they havent done anything else that i can see ??? now i have the car back i have been tryin to get it started but it just doesnt want to no i have fitted a new battery and can turn the engine over but it just wont start i have engine check light on plsing indicating a immobiliser fault i only have one pad and it opens and shuts the doors still and seems to allow the igntion to work as i have removed the leads to check for spark and its sparking fine ??? i also have bridged the fuel pump to constant so i am getting fuel but still wont start ??? im sure its a immobiliser fault but dont no what else to do.i have got the original code from subaru and hve tried that but doesnt seem to do much just unlocks the doors but then when you try to start the car no ignition so to get ignition you then need to use pad ?? have had a good look round engine and nothing is missing broken etc so just doest make sense and now dont no what to do i have just got a wiring diagram from subaru so am considering removing the alarm and immobiliser completley to see if this will help ??? also anothr fault is the offside indicators are all on front/side/rear perminantly soon as i connect the battery checked bulbs and earths etc but just stay on ???
so there you have it guys any help /advice would be great

Last edited by bailey1; 28 March 2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 27 March 2009, 10:17 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Have you put your PIN number into the keypad?

I would say it is an immobiliser problem and something you should leave with your Subaru Main Dealer .... your Insurance will take care of the cost.

Good luck!

Last edited by SunnySideUp; 27 March 2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 27 March 2009, 10:35 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

as above it will be an immobiliser fault where they smashed the ignition barrel there is a receiver wire to pick up the chip in the ignition key! thats why it wont start.
Old 27 March 2009, 10:35 PM
bailey1
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
Have you put your PIN number into the keypad?

I would say it is an immobiliser problem and something you should leave with your Subaru Main Dealer .... your Insurance will take care of the cost.

Good luck!
hi i have tried the pin about 50 times lol i have the car back so insurance wont pay for anything now lol.and would you belive i am a technician myself but this one has got me beat (for now) lol .
Old 27 March 2009, 10:39 PM
bailey1
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by my94wrx
as above it will be an immobiliser fault where they smashed the ignition barrel there is a receiver wire to pick up the chip in the ignition key! thats why it wont start.
hi im sure you mean the black ring with the sensor on the top of it ??? this was hanging down and i have refitted now but still makes no difference unles its damaged internally ??? but then how did they start the car ??? also have checked with subay tech and he is sure my key although he has not seen it thats it not a chipped key??? i keep the key on top incase but still dont make a difference.
Old 27 March 2009, 10:42 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

why wont the insurance pay? have they already paid you out if you have accepted a payment from the insurance that it is just on thinking its just the lockset that is damaged, then that would have been a bit premature, without first getting the car started to establish if there was any damage to the engine/running gear
Old 27 March 2009, 10:44 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bailey1
hi im sure you mean the black ring with the sensor on the top of it ??? this was hanging down and i have refitted now but still makes no difference unles its damaged internally ??? but then how did they start the car ??? also have checked with subay tech and he is sure my key although he has not seen it thats it not a chipped key??? i keep the key on top incase but still dont make a difference.
if its 99 i am 100% sure it will have a chipped key, take a look yourself at the base of the key by the key blade
Old 27 March 2009, 10:49 PM
bailey1
Scooby Newbie

why wont the insurance pay? have they already paid you out if you have accepted a payment from the insurance that it is just on thinking its just the lockset that is damaged, then that would have been a bit premature, without first getting the car started to establish if there was any damage to the engine/running gear
i no what your saying but i got my money back plus the car really as i paid a lot less than what i got for it anyway so just accepted the payout and the car back.i wouldnt have bothered but thought it would be good as a track car and its got a api engine thats only covered 23k from new as the old engine went bang lol.
Old 27 March 2009, 10:52 PM
bailey1
Scooby Newbie

if its 99 i am 100% sure it will have a chipped key, take a look yourself at the base of the key by the key blade
will do tommorow as there at work with the car but im sure its not lol ive checked it and the top part is solid all over ??? will check again tommorow
Old 27 March 2009, 10:59 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

You seem to have got it back 'free' .... so, maybe, put it in the dealers to sort out (with some of the money you have saved?)

What CAT is it now?
Old 27 March 2009, 11:11 PM
bailey1
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
You seem to have got it back 'free' .... so, maybe, put it in the dealers to sort out (with some of the money you have saved?)

What CAT is it now?
was giong to do that but it was a pain towing it to work let alone to my local dealer gonna have another go tommorow as said now i have got the alarm diagram i might as well just remove it as that should eliminate that side of things its just strange as to why i have spark and fuel but it wont start and alarm seems to just be wired to ignition and fuel pump so can not se if i bridge them how it could still afftect the car starting and running ??? its only on a cat d as they only nicked the spoiler damaged the drivers door lock and broke the barrell and nicked the stereo everything else is as it was wich makes it even worse and the worst bit is i would love to have caught the buggers and gave them a few slaps but on the other hand id love to ask them ho they got the bloody thing started lol
Old 28 March 2009, 09:41 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Not wanting to sound daft, but did they start it or did it get pushed up the road and then dumped ?

dunx
Old 28 March 2009, 03:37 PM
bailey1
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by dunx
Not wanting to sound daft, but did they start it or did it get pushed up the road and then dumped ?

dunx
lol thats what i thought at first but then it was about 4miles away so doubtfull ???

well today i have a update i have checked the key and it is fitted with a chip.the transponder is complete although cracked so unsure if this is working ??? i have done further checks and it seems with ignition on the sigma immobiliser is not working at all as i have fuel and ignition and a live feed to the injectors but on cranking i have no pulse from the earth side of te injectors indicating it must be to do with the transponder as this must be linked through a module/ecu somewhere so although i have moved forward a bit im still struggling does anyone on here have or know the circuit layout for the transponder and if it is actually linked to the injector circuit ??? cheers again peeps
Old 28 March 2009, 03:51 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

if the transponder or recieving ring is cracked then there unlikely to work. that would be my guess as to the problem
Old 28 March 2009, 04:01 PM
bailey1
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Turbotits
if the transponder or recieving ring is cracked then there unlikely to work. that would be my guess as to the problem
i agree do you or anyone no if the transponder is just replacible ie unplug it and plug a new one in or will it have to be reprogrammed ??? also notice on the steering column infront of the transponder ring is a liitle white micro switch what does this acctually do ??? is it linked with the transponder at all ??? cheers
Old 28 March 2009, 07:06 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Maybe when in place the switch is "closed", when hanging off it disables the circuit ?

dunx