Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Anyone care to shed some light? Boost issues..

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2019, 07:33 PM
Eoinmack
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone care to shed some light? Boost issues..

Howdy all.
Not many posts here to be fair but have been member for long time. Good ol' MB sorting me out with various bits lol
Car is a 2003 WRX.
Pro drive sports cat, 3 inch cat back, bov, k&n induction kit, silicone y pipe and turbo inlet.. Nothing major...
Quick question.. Any of you experience issues with boost where it sometimes drops to actuator pressure, under any conditions really, normal driving, spirited driving etc etc doesn't seem to be a tell point for it.
Could pull the car out now, go for a hard drive and it may be perfect all day. 0.9bar boost all day.
Could do the same tomorrow and it may hit 0.9 and then drop to 0.45

Could also pull out today and it may not go passed 0.45 at all. Very strange. It has no pattern what so ever.
Funny thing is, if I drove home, and let the car sit, 9 times out of 10 it will be perfect when I start it again.
An ECU reset will have me boosting right also.

Quick details...
Changed few bits trouble shooting already.
BCS
MAP
MAF
Put standard recirc on
Standard exhaust
Standard intake altho granted high flow panel

None made any difference.

Been happening a few months now, maybe 3 or 4 months. Haven't had time to get her on a dyno for a mapping session with work and the waiting time for my local mapper.

Another thing to note. It still boosts at stock pressure,,, but I'm pretty sure she's running high than stock power, much faster than any other unmapped WRX I've been in and not too much difference between my car and a 330bhp sti... When I say not much, deffo not 100bhp.

Can any of you shed some knowledge here?

Thing to note, the mapper here won't touch the car if there's an issue, so must have this sorted first being honest lol

Thanks in advance 👍👍