Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Engine warning light

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2014, 03:53 PM
PC555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine warning light

Picked up a 05 Spec C Type RA earlier this week ...

When I started her up yesterday the engine warning light came on. Turned her off and straight back on again and the warning light dissapeared. It now does it everytime I start up from cold.

Any help would be much apprecaited.

Cheers
Jay
Old 28 June 2014, 04:29 PM
little'un
Scooby Regular

Read the fault code(s) stored on the ecu
Old 28 June 2014, 04:37 PM
PC555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little'un
Read the fault code(s) stored on the ecu
Excuse my ignorance, but how do I go about doing that?

Last edited by PC555; 28 June 2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 28 June 2014, 11:42 PM
Mazy jazz
Scooby Regular

Hi Jason, very sad to hear this and I can confirm there was no issues and my reason for selling was as I told you. If you can wait it may be worth asking the welsh section if anyone has got a card reader and attending the meet on the 16th July in cardiff, know its a bit of a drive for you though. You can buy readers, I don't know if they are any good but I know Oz Reid up in Brecon had one so may be worth pm him and see if he can enlighten. If it helps, when the service was done by dean at three arches (think we established he used to do your p1 at the subaru garage??) that there was no fault codes so anything showing will be new. Might sounds stupid here..... Not worth changing that led sidelight back to a standard bulb ( possibly the led confusing the car??? ) clutching at straws I know! Max
Old 29 June 2014, 06:07 AM
PC555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mazy jazz
Hi Jason, very sad to hear this and I can confirm there was no issues and my reason for selling was as I told you. If you can wait it may be worth asking the welsh section if anyone has got a card reader and attending the meet on the 16th July in cardiff, know its a bit of a drive for you though. You can buy readers, I don't know if they are any good but I know Oz Reid up in Brecon had one so may be worth pm him and see if he can enlighten. If it helps, when the service was done by dean at three arches (think we established he used to do your p1 at the subaru garage??) that there was no fault codes so anything showing will be new. Might sounds stupid here..... Not worth changing that led sidelight back to a standard bulb ( possibly the led confusing the car??? ) clutching at straws I know! Max
Thanks for that Max. I've contacted Wynn at AWP Engineering in Narberth (apparently he knows his way around a Subaru) to see if he can have a look. Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited by PC555; 29 June 2014 at 06:10 AM.