Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Fuel Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2014, 10:52 AM
TurboFreak
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure?

My P1 had a complete good used long enging fitted, apart from manifold blocks I think it is standard.... but not sure?
I used my standard turbo, and injectors etc, along with the lightened flywheel and competition clutch from old engine.
I was advised that a remap should ideally be done for any new engine anyway, and due running issues with the engine fitted have decided to have a rolling road remap with JGM.
I have replaced water pump, cambelt kit, uprated oil pump, plugs, leads, coilpack, maf sensor, lambda sensor but car still had issues.
Injectors were suspect so replaced the standard 440s with 550s, the car seems to run fine now up to 3000 revs, but then over fuels so def needs the remap now.
My question is should I also fit a fuel control valve, I know this engine did have one and was fitted with big injectors, but do I need to fit one for the 550s or will the remap adjust for them anyway?
Old 07 June 2014, 12:34 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends alot on whether the 550's flow enough for the power your aiming for. The standard fpr will work fine if you only need standard fuel pressure. Yes the map will cure the over fueling issue you have.
On a standard turbo 550's should flow plenty on the standard fpr

Last edited by Turbotits; 07 June 2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07 June 2014, 01:17 PM
TurboFreak
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbotits
Depends alot on whether the 550's flow enough for the power your aiming for. The standard fpr will work fine if you only need standard fuel pressure. Yes the map will cure the over fueling issue you have.
On a standard turbo 550's should flow plenty on the standard fpr
I think this engine was running 760s with bigger turbo so probably needed the fuel pressure valve.

Fitted in mine with standard turbo (at the moment ) and the 550s I hoped a remap would sort it out... thanks.