Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Wrx hawkeye 06 need re mapped.

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2014, 07:03 PM
Matt1133
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrx hawkeye 06 need re mapped.

Hello I would like to get my 06 hawkeye remapped but not really sure where to go. Also don't understand tech add on. Can it not just be plugged in and mapped?? Cheers
Old 23 April 2014, 06:13 PM
phsyo
Scooby Regular

A custom map is the best way - this can either be done on the dyno or on the road. Hiring time on the dyno make this a more expensive option. Either way it can be plugged in and mapped yes.

Be careful with a hawk if it's the 2.5 litre as they seem a bit fragile, unless of course its fully forged.

Phsyo
Old 23 April 2014, 11:13 PM
Matt1133
Scooby Newbie

Default :-/

Thanks for the reply. Yea it's the 2.5 :-s
Old 28 April 2014, 06:56 AM
seppy
Scooby Newbie

Would recommend David Hendry Cars in Malmesbury (swindon). They are primarily a Ford garage but also specialize in subaru and TVR. They just rebuilt my engine and she runs like a dream. They are going to remap mine again soon after i have run the engine in nicely. They will not do anything that will overdo the engine but will give you a little extra thrill. They will also recommend any extras you may need and they work closely with Roger Clarke Racing. Worth a try if you want somewhere to start.
Old 28 April 2014, 09:57 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

ECUTEC with racerom has a duel map so you can run bigger bhp when you feel the need and lower/standard bhp for fuel saving or just to preserve engine. It also has launch control and flat shifts. Its a bit new to me so not sure about the wrx its only works on a few cars the hawkeye Sti being one.
Old 11 May 2014, 05:22 PM
Kenny_Powers
Scooby Regular

Hi Matt, I also own a 2006 hawkeye WRX. Mods are a full decat Afterburner exhaust, K&N air filter, and Walbro 255lph fuel pump.

In January I took it to Indigo GT in South Wales for a remap. It cost £500 and I ended up with 259 bhp 4900rpm and 310 lb/ft at 3900rpm, running on V-Power. Those results should be acheivable with normal 95 ron fuel.

Last week I took the car to Bob Rawl in swindon, to be remapped again, as I was getting very unhappy with the way my car performed considering all the money that I had spent on the remap and supporting mods.

Bob charged me £300 for the remap (as I already had the ECUtek licence), and I'm now getting 297bhp at 4800rpm and a whopping 375 lb/ft at 3500rpm. This is the very maximum a WRX will do on the standard TD04 turbocharger. The way it feels to drive has also been massively improved, it's so smooth and responsive. The remap really could not have been any better.

I would not let anyone other than Bob map my car in future, and there are hundreds of people on here that will agree! My results pretty well speak for themselves!