Notices
Driving Dynamics Driving techniques (trail braking, power slides, donuts, scandinavian flicks, etc), and vehicle dynamics (roll centres, c/g weigh transfer, etc)

Emtpy car park.. damp.. no one around...

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2004, 09:04 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Emtpy car park.. damp.. no one around...

Had a good look around.. just in case.. 2nd gear... dipped the clutch and held on... 5 mins later... H U G E grin, not much in the way of rubber left but worth it.

Never even considered using the handbrake dipping the clutch worked ... just need to locate some *track* tires as this could get expensive... Damn those *drift* mpegs.....
Old 14 December 2004, 10:44 PM
martinscoobyuk
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i try that my clutch slips ive only tryed it twice and it smelled bad and pissed me off since ide just spent 600 quid on a exedy paddle clutch anyone know how i can set off fast without burning my clutch out
Old 14 December 2004, 11:11 PM
AvalancheS8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martinscoobyuk
when i try that my clutch slips ive only tryed it twice and it smelled bad and pissed me off since ide just spent 600 quid on a exedy paddle clutch anyone know how i can set off fast without burning my clutch out
To set off fast without killing the clutch the important thing is not too slip it much at all, odd as it seems it's kinder to more or less just dump it. Holding the clutch down, dial up plenty of revs say 4000, then at the same time, floor the throttle and smartly lift your foot off the clutch. That should give a pretty sudden start, probably with a little bit of wheelspin, and although it's not good for the clutch it's not nearly as bad as slipping it in at high revs.
Old 25 January 2005, 10:12 PM
Toerag
Scooby Regular

If you have good traction you run the risk of shockloading your gearbox and breaking it too with a clutch dump. STis with adjustable diffs don't have this problem, you just set enough torque to the rear wheels to light them up instead of your clutch/gearbox.
Old 03 February 2005, 02:02 AM
Engineer@Uni
Scooby Regular

plus, if you have an exceddy paddle, i'd honestly doubt you'd cook it very easily...