Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

HELLPP !! Box Making Funky Noises In UK BUG

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2012, 10:32 AM
MU11 BOY
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELLPP !! Box Making Funky Noises In UK BUG

Hi ive got an 2001 UKSPEC BUGEYE but sadly after driving the car for just an week the gearbox is making a constant kind of a grinding noise center diff inside gearbox broken?? so the gearbox must be replaced before it peggs it :/ The box that is in the car now has the code TY754VN2AA, I was wondering if there was any better gearbox's to go for (direct fit), I would love an 6 speed conversion to the car but sadly just a little bit of a budget as the moment as the car still need a couple of odds and sods sorted on the car defiantly a mod to look at for the future tho !! But basically i just want top get the car fixed quick as possible as the car is nearly to embarrassing to drive with the noise, i was told long as it UK WRX BUG/BLOB the box would fit ? also is there and classic gearbox codes will also fit ?

Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated,

Scott
Old 17 December 2012, 06:43 PM
Stu MBM
Scooby Newbie

I'm in a similar spot of trouble. Just had a nasty grinding sound come from underneath. Something has gone in the gearbox. Its a 51 plate WRX but apparently no one will recondition it as they will not give a guarantee. Would it be best to just get a new one. Where from. Need my car back on the road asap.
Old 18 December 2012, 03:37 PM
MU11 BOY
Scooby Newbie

i know its proper sick noise at first i thought it was just an heat shield rattling about, gutted when it was the box :-/ but yeah defo just get a s/h one from somewhere ,, i cant suggest anywhere as i havent come across anyone with that right code yet.. need to find other solutions.......