Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Just done the Dawes thing........You're KIDDING me!

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2002, 03:45 PM
DodgeT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Got to agree with you, their bloody good. I already had a bleed allowing me to run 1 bar, took that off, fitted the dawes & set it to the same pressure, but through the gears, the speed is just amazing, best 70 squid ive spent yet!!
Since then, my bro's had one on his scoob, my mate on his nissan 200sx, neighbour with evo vi is getting one, so are about 3 mates with turbo diesels!!
Think JW should start paying me for advertising!!

edited to say "there about the easiest thing to fit so just get the spanners out & do it, just make sure you have a boost gauge, cause at first mine was boosting @ 22psi!!"

[Edited by DodgeT - 5/4/2002 4:47:21 PM]
Old 02 May 2002, 05:56 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Talking

So i got bored of waiting for Hanslow and though sod it, i'll put the bloody thing on myself. After a quick trip to scoobymania to get Mike to point out the important bits, it was back to my drive, bonnet up, getting it on with Dawes .

Drilled me a nice 1mm hole (Another story ) plummed the brass wonder in and pootled of to check the boost level.

Boost peaked at 16psi settled at 14psi didn't feel that much different to be honest. Stopped in Focus Do it all car park, administered half a turn, burnt me bloody hand (DOH! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ) and set about checking again. Success peaked at 16 settled at 15

Still didn't feel that much different Decided to come home via the scenic route as i'd only been in traffic with a few opportunities to open her up on a dual carriage way, put me foot down, hit the twisties and my Fcukin' god. Those familiar twisties were coming up oh so quickly and previously where the turbo used to dull down a tad requiring a gear change, she just flew . Fan bloody tastic.

For those of you thinking about it or like me you've got one but you haven't got the confidence to fit it yourself, work it out, get someone to show you where the actuator and turbo nipple is and then get out there and fit it. 20 mins max

Happy Mikey
Old 04 May 2002, 01:34 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Cool

hi mikey, could you post some pictures of your handy work
i`m sufering from over boost and it was surgested a dawes would cure it.....and it make it faster :
cheers mike
Old 05 May 2002, 03:38 PM
skiddusmarkus
Scooby Regular

I've read posts about these but what do they actually do?A bleed vakve works fine on my gtir and holds constant boost with no tail off at all.Would the Dawes improve upon this?If so,how?
Old 05 May 2002, 04:03 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
less environmental/gear variation, potentially less wastegate creep.
Old 05 May 2002, 05:19 PM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Talking

Dodge T

Your rates are spot on mate! Thank you very much!

Glad I could help!

Jamie

www.j-w-racing.com
www.performanceexhausts.net
Old 05 May 2002, 05:33 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Talking

and finally

Glad you got it sorted dude Busy man these days mate....and STILL waiting for my last gauge before fitting them [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Those things will be on there so quick when they arrive, you won't believe it Then the ol' DD will be on there to liven things up a little

Then I can get round to sorting you out an AFR (now that I've got a decent soldering iron )
Old 05 May 2002, 07:39 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

I got to agree with all this, they are fantastic bits of kit. Mines so quick now, it wastes Porsches. Running 1.2 bar, just on the absolute limits of fuel cut in fifth.

If your reading this get on

Cheers Phill C