Clutch recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2011, 12:35 PM
RAPID RABBIT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch recommendation

Hi,
I'm looking to change my clutch soon as it's far to harsh to drive to work and back.
Currently using an ap paddle clutch, judder is bad but it's perfect for the rest of my driving.
Car will be used for track days and competition / sprints etc.
Target power figure no more than 360 bhp similar torque
Cheers guys.
Old 03 October 2011, 04:09 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy answer, fit one of these: http://www.superhids.co.uk/clutches-...der-230mm.html

Nice and smooth to drive whilst being able to comfortably handle your power output.

Better still, fit as a complete package with a lightweight forged flywheel: http://www.superhids.co.uk/clutches-...a-5-speed.html

Reviews of the complete package:

Originally Posted by madscoob
got mine a package from aztec . noticed the difference on the way home from mates garage . a lot crisper throttle responce and revs a lot quicker in each gear as you go up the box . also no judder at all with the anti judder exedy clutch , very smooth changes . apart from the vf35 i picked up off a mate for 50quid its the best money ive spent on the scoob

Originally Posted by sprigeteer
Quick update - bought the exedy clutch and light weight flywheel from Bob at Aztec. Great service and easy transaction.

Finally had it fitted with a local garage (6 hours to fit) and went for a spin today. Great pedal feel; the same, if not slightly lighter than standard. No judder at all - I was worried after the negative press about endemic judder with these clutches. Very smooth and great bite. Definitely more eager to rev, but nothing that goes beyond feel I suspect. Overall, very pleased and would recommend Bob's products and prices based on my experience.

Will be perfect for your stated requirements