API to the rescue!

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2006, 08:29 AM
HotSeat
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default API to the rescue!

Hi All,

I'm about to send this press release to various motorsport and Scooby mags. I thought that the ScoobyNet community would enjoy reading it first!

"Rally driver Kate Heath thought her British Rally Championship season was over before it had started when the engine in her Subaru Impreza v6 STi Type R let go, putting a con rod through the block on a routine drive down the road. The former British Ladies’ Champion was in despair. Although the car runs in the Production Class (Group N) with an unmodified power train, it is a rare model. She feared it would be impossible to replace such an unusual engine with just days to go before the season-opener, the Pirelli International Rally.

Kate need not have worried. A visit to ScoobyNet led her to contact David at API Engines. To Kate’s amazement, API had not just one suitable engine but a choice, all in stock and ready to go. API rushed a low-mileage replacement unit to Langworth Motorsport, the preparation company that supports Kate’s HotSeat Motorsport team.

With a replacement engine fitted and confidence restored, Kate and her car are ready to face the tough tests of Kielder Forest this weekend. Kate said, “I’m really grateful to the team at API. Starting the rally season is stressful enough without problems like this! With their help everything has been sorted out in plenty of time, and for a reasonable price too.”

A REALLY big "Thank You" from me to the API team, and full marks to ScoobyNet for making it possible to find what I needed!

Best wishes,

Kate
http://www.hotseatmotorsport.co.uk
Old 11 May 2006, 10:59 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Kate, Glad to know all is working Ok - Good luck at the weekend; stay on the brown bit in the middle - not the green bits at the edges......

David and the gang at APi
Old 11 May 2006, 11:00 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Old 11 May 2006, 12:46 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not surprised.
Old 11 May 2006, 01:06 PM
stew911
Scooby Regular

this just convinces me more and more just how good the guys at api are, we are a comin back david!
Old 11 May 2006, 06:57 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Another quality job !!

Rob
Old 12 May 2006, 02:02 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

I don't mean to be rude, but the only quality job was one of supply here. David had the foresight to have stock. I don't see why it is an indication of the quality of their work.

Nothing against API, great they had stock, I just don't see it as a "job" worthy of convincing someone "how good the guys at api" really are.

Trending Topics

Old 12 May 2006, 03:34 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adam M
I don't mean to be rude, but the only quality job was one of supply here. David had the foresight to have stock. I don't see why it is an indication of the quality of their work.

Nothing against API, great they had stock, I just don't see it as a "job" worthy of convincing someone "how good the guys at api" really are.

The Job being is they had it in stock and did not f*** about leaving it on the shelf for days and got the engine despatched asap i would imagine.

I call that good customer service.

I've yet to hear a bad thing about API
Old 12 May 2006, 03:41 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer

Kates press release is designed to get her name in lights and we just bathe in her reflected glory.

When you are a lady competing against men all publicity is good publicity. A newsworthy story like that, usually gets published and I am sure it is Kates aim to mentioned as often as possible for her other sponsors.

Lets see what the press release on Monday says, if the engine goes bang

David APi
Old 12 May 2006, 04:13 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

David dont tempt fate mate - 'cos it normally happens
Old 12 May 2006, 04:17 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by The Chief
David dont tempt fate mate - 'cos it normally happens
Our reputation's got take a bump one day mate - Law of averages.

David
Old 16 May 2006, 09:18 AM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Nice 1 API.

Keep hearing loads about you guys.

Quick question (not a thread hijacker)

If my 94STi Type RA engine went bang Saturday at Jap Fest, how soon could you get me a replacement (low mileage of course).

Thats assuming you have one in stock!

Thanks in advance
Old 16 May 2006, 10:37 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Jap Import
Nice 1 API.

Keep hearing loads about you guys.

Quick question (not a thread hijacker)

If my 94STi Type RA engine went bang Saturday at Jap Fest, how soon could you get me a replacement (low mileage of course).

Thats assuming you have one in stock!

Thanks in advance
We'd have to build one mate, We are prepared to take a chance on later model used engines like Kates STi 5/6 as a reasonable risk to sell. She won't be bothered about a bit of piston slap in the mornings. But a road car guy will. To answer the original question: 10 days to build.

But older RA's and so on are hard to find in Japan in unmodified form and for the sake of being able to offer a supportable warranty, a rebuild it'll have to be.

PM sent with price options a bit later. Or, grab me when I am walking about at the ' Fest ' or SS lll and we'll talk.

David APi
Old 18 May 2006, 04:26 PM
scoobyDAZZA
Scooby Regular

i know where i'm going when it comes to my engine rebuild

good luck btw kate hope you got some APi stickers on there
Old 18 May 2006, 07:18 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

See Kate and her car with 'our' engine on our stand at Scooby Shootout 111 on Sunday at Elvington.

Come in and introduce yourselves - anyone - We don't bite. Can't do the Saturday morning free bacon butties thing, as there'll be too many of you, but we will have loads of goodies for sale at attractive prices, from key rings to complete exhaust systems, to whole cars, etc.

If you ask nicely you be able to get Kate's autograph too !!

Good Luck all see you on Sunday.
Old 18 May 2006, 07:30 PM
wrc350
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HotSeat
Hi All,

I'm about to send this press release to various motorsport and Scooby mags. I thought that the ScoobyNet community would enjoy reading it first!

"Rally driver Kate Heath thought her British Rally Championship season was over before it had started when the engine in her Subaru Impreza v6 STi Type R let go, putting a con rod through the block on a routine drive down the road. The former British Ladies’ Champion was in despair. Although the car runs in the Production Class (Group N) with an unmodified power train, it is a rare model. She feared it would be impossible to replace such an unusual engine with just days to go before the season-opener, the Pirelli International Rally.

Kate need not have worried. A visit to ScoobyNet led her to contact David at API Engines. To Kate’s amazement, API had not just one suitable engine but a choice, all in stock and ready to go. API rushed a low-mileage replacement unit to Langworth Motorsport, the preparation company that supports Kate’s HotSeat Motorsport team.

With a replacement engine fitted and confidence restored, Kate and her car are ready to face the tough tests of Kielder Forest this weekend. Kate said, “I’m really grateful to the team at API. Starting the rally season is stressful enough without problems like this! With their help everything has been sorted out in plenty of time, and for a reasonable price too.”

A REALLY big "Thank You" from me to the API team, and full marks to ScoobyNet for making it possible to find what I needed!

Best wishes,

Kate
http://www.hotseatmotorsport.co.uk
glad you have put it on here 1st as by the time scooby mag published it, it would be next year. well done api by the way