Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

HELP Grinding noise when turning right??

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2005, 10:25 AM
97Catalunya
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face HELP Grinding noise when turning right??

Hi Guys, Suddenley picked up a horrid loud squeeling/grinding noise when I turn right? Streighten up and it gets quieter, turn left and it goes away? Thought about it being brake pads but their is no change when breaking? Thought about it being wheel bearings but the grinding sounded to hollow for that if you know what I mean? Just wondering if it could be as simple as a stone or something stuck between the disc and the back plate? Need to get this sorted asap as supposed to be driving to Lincoln on Wednesday?

Any input would be helpfull

Cheers Chris...
Old 13 November 2005, 10:25 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by 97Catalunya
Hi Guys, Suddenley picked up a horrid loud squeeling/grinding noise when I turn right? Streighten up and it gets quieter, turn left and it goes away? Thought about it being brake pads but their is no change when breaking? Thought about it being wheel bearings but the grinding sounded to hollow for that if you know what I mean? Just wondering if it could be as simple as a stone or something stuck between the disc and the back plate? Need to get this sorted asap as supposed to be driving to Lincoln on Wednesday?

Any input would be helpfull

Cheers Chris...
might be silly, have you checked the drake shield. i had a simerler problem a couple of weeks ago. ended up being just that. the plate to stop stones getting to the disk had slightly bent in. but it got worse when turning. have a look ya never now.