Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

93 Wrx ECU Fault codes help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2005, 08:06 PM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Wrx ECU Fault codes help needed.

Hi,

My mates Ecu light came on tonight i have checked the codes and got the folowing results.

33,45 33 relates to Vehicle Speed Sensor or Circuit, 45 relates to Pressure sensor - Pressure exchange Solenoid valve.

What are these sensors and how do we cure the problem?

Many Thanks
Derek Clarke
Old 27 February 2005, 11:38 AM
Mark A
Scooby Regular

Check here
Old 27 February 2005, 11:51 AM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

Hi Mark,

I already have this diagnostics printed out.

I have established the reason for fault code 33 the speedo is no longer working.

However as for 45 i have no idea. the code page helped me identify what the problem is. however i do not know what the Pressure sensor is and what is required to rectify the problem.

Many Thanks
Derek Clarke
Old 27 February 2005, 12:25 PM
scoobyjohn2000
Scooby Regular

right....as ur looking at the engine bay on the left and side (on the side of the suss leg) there are a load of wires and pipes, thats where ur problam is. the fault 45 is boost solunoide (not spelt correct) its the one on the bottom with 3 pipes coming out, on mine this was the problam and gave me all the other readings! i just cleaned it out with carb cleaner and everything was ok.
Old 27 February 2005, 01:05 PM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

Wink

As you have already stated a code 45 relates to the Map sensor or the Pressure Exchange Solenoid and may have been initiated by an overboost situation, if you look at the picture below it shows the Pressure Exchange Solenoid - if you follow the pipe which connects to the point where the arrow is this should connect to the inlet manifold. On top of the Pressure Exchange Solenoid there should be a pipe connected which loops under and connects to the Map Sensor which is on the left hand side of the piccie. Make sure the pipes are connected and not damaged.

If all appears to be well, directly below the Pressure Exchange Solenoid is the Boost Control Solenoid which will have 3 pipes connected to it - mark each pipe then 'pull off' to expose each port like in the piccie above. As per Saxonfields site connect the test plugs then turn the ignition to on enable test mode. Spray some brake cleaner into the ports to clean internal shuttle. Then re-connect pipes and test.

Cheers
Old 28 February 2005, 12:08 AM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the help Guys.

I have cheched and found that the Speedo Cable section that comes out of the gearbox to about half way up the bulkhead has snapped. so this is the first problem sorted.

He has been getting a lot of overboost lately as have i with mine. He is going to buy some Carb cleaner tomorrow and i will have a go at cleaning it out for him.

Many Thanks
Derek Clarke