Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

few question to the tech heads

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2004, 03:26 PM
heman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few question to the tech heads

just trying to gain some knowledge on these scoobs really like them. anyway to the point can someone please give a decent but some what simple explanation of the differentials (front, centre (DCCD) & rear) set up in an STi and whats the major difference between these and the Evo's....yes the EVo has an ACD + AYC but what does this all mean.

Also what is the major benefit of retaining the stock dump valve as opposed to an after market BOV from say HKS? does the BOV really put u at a disadvantage as i read here that it causes the car to run rich? i have heard cars with 'woosh' sound and it didnt seem to be emitting any major black smoke but i guess the driver would best know as he has the guage to tell. do the dump vavles (whats the major diff. between the 2) give the same 'woosh' sound or is it to a less extent....i drove a JDM WRX ver. 7 and i dont recall hearing a 'woosh' sound maybe the engine noise defeated me hearing, my windows were down so no sound deadening devices in place to stop me from hearing it? yes so please answer my questions in detail so i can be on the same page with u guys thanks

repec!!