Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

stop start boost

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2004, 10:00 AM
wrxestatejohn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question stop start boost

when im accelerating more often after a while into a journey boost comes on as will pull for 500revs then hesitate then pull again then hestiate the same then pull away again but its eally rough accelaration. anyone have any ideas?
ive got a scoobychip fitted its a 96wrx estate auto ive opened up the brass restrictor because of overboost. The boost is reading just over 1 bar when i get the rough accelaration.....
Old 10 August 2004, 10:33 AM
The_Judge
Scooby Regular

Does it make any difference what gear you're in, and what revs you're at? Is the boost level a constant 1bar when the acceleration is rough? Or does it fluctuate above and below 1bar? If it's constant, it's probably your MAF that's on it's way. If it fluctuates, it's probably your wastegate solenoid that needs cleaning.
Old 10 August 2004, 11:49 AM
wrxestatejohn
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The_Judge
Does it make any difference what gear you're in, and what revs you're at? Is the boost level a constant 1bar when the acceleration is rough? Or does it fluctuate above and below 1bar? If it's constant, it's probably your MAF that's on it's way. If it fluctuates, it's probably your wastegate solenoid that needs cleaning.
The car is an automatic and the boost deos fluctuate you cans see the needle fluctuating also the rev needle fluctuates. how do you clean the boost soleniod?
Old 10 August 2004, 12:28 PM
The_Judge
Scooby Regular

Put ECU into diagnostic mode (connect green connectors beneath steering column, ignition on), pop bonnet, locate wastegate solenoid (small cylindrical device on driver's suspension strut, with 2 or 3 hoses connected), remove hose(s) (remembering what goes where!), spray loads of brake cleaner inside solenoid and hose(s). You might need to remove the solenoid from the bracket in order to get the spray inside it. Put everything back together, disconnect green connectors, go for a drive and see if it's made any difference.
Old 10 August 2004, 01:07 PM
wrxestatejohn
Scooby Regular

first question WHERE are thr green connectors and are they singles or part of a cluster i found tho black connectors that fit together but the wires arnt green will it make a difference coz its an import?
and i think the maf sensor coz i read that if i disconected it whilst the engine is running snd it should immediately cut out and it didnt it kept running. I willl still clean the solenoid though.
Old 10 August 2004, 01:47 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Remove the lower dash panel. Under the dash clocks & above the foot pedals for better access. You will find the two black connectors under there as well as the two green connectors ( male & female) should be in part of the wiring loom from the steering column. Not sure of the colours of the wires though.
Old 10 August 2004, 02:31 PM
The_Judge
Scooby Regular

The blacks and greens should be in close proximity to each other. The greens will be larger than the blacks, but they'll all be on short single thin wires (probably black, but not sure). Shouldn't make a difference being an import...