Dastek Unichip

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2004, 04:58 AM
keith g
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dastek Unichip

Hi ppl,
I've got some cash to spend now on my Scoob, so far its got a double de-cat exhaust, blitz induction kit and an Apexi SAFC fuel computer but Im thinking of binning that in favour of a Dastek Unichip seeing as Dastek aint that far up the road from me.
Im just wondering if anyone else on here has got one or used to have one and what they think/thought of it value for money/ power gains etc.
Im not sure of what sort of power its pushing out the now as I blew the last engine up and I've been told the block has been replaces with one from a Legacy turbo with all my old parts i.e inlet & exhaust manifold etc. Has anyone else heard of this being done as Im not sure what to make of it all.

Keith
Old 22 July 2004, 07:26 AM
Trebor69
Scooby Regular

Hello Kieth G

I am currently using a dastek uni-chip on my 93 WRX, fitting is fairly easy,7 wires in total to ECU, Breaks into MAF and Crank angle sensor circuits and can adjust Fueling +/- 50% and timing bt +/- 25%. I got mine second hand for £125.00 of Scoobynet and have seen them going for similar on Ebay. Takes about 2 hours to fit and best if soldered into loom by ECU. Got it mapped at Powerstation for a £100.00

As with any ECU upgrade, device is only as good as person who map's it for you. I have just had a new STI V9 block fitted and with FMIC, full 3" decat, HKS air intake, FCD, VF34 turbo and once run is is going to have a Fuel pressure reg fitted and a electronic boost controller.. I have been advised with current setup and getting mapped that 320BHP/325LB Torque is very feasable... I could go more power, but then my box will blow, So mapping power/torque to gearbox....

I have full fitting instructions if you go the S/H route.

A full blown ECU is always the best way to go, but isn't cheap. I wanted to go ScoobyECU route, but the waiting list was far too long..

Hope this helps you

Rob
Old 22 July 2004, 10:09 AM
IPALMER
Scooby Regular

Keith,

I should have a 2nd. hand Unichip for sale in about a months time.

It's coming out to have a replacement Apexi ecu.

The Unichip has been a great bit of kit for the money , I had it mapped so that my Sti5 could safely run on optimax - Gave me good piece of mind and it doesn't light up any dangerous lights on my knocklink !
Old 23 July 2004, 12:57 AM
keith g
Scooby Newbie

How much would you be looking for the chip mate?

Im thinking of phoning Dastek up later on in the afternoon and getting a few prices etc. Im thinking about getting Nos fitted aswell but Im unsure if this will be reliable of not.
Old 23 July 2004, 08:38 AM
IPALMER
Scooby Regular

keith you have a private message