Pace FMIC and filter solutions

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2004, 02:46 PM
Strat
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pace FMIC and filter solutions

Hello all!

I just got a Pace FMIC fitted to my car (my99 gt) and I need to find a good solution for the filter. Currently I have an Apexi Power Intake squeezed in under the return pipe from the intercooler, with the induction hose (the flexy bit after the maf housing...) a little too bent for my liking.

Anyone running a Pace FMIC and found a good solution?

Cheers,
Claes
Old 23 May 2004, 04:36 PM
Strat
Scooby Newbie

No one?

Would the APS cold air intake fit you think? http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/wrx/airfilter.htm

Cheers,
Claes
Old 24 May 2004, 11:18 AM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Don't know which filter will fit but don't use the Aps cold feed or your engine will die in a few weeks, The air takes the shortest route clinging to the bend in the aps pipe & by passes your Air flow sensor, then the engine goes bang. The Aps is Ok if you have an Engine management system that does not use a Mass Air Flow meter

Dean
Old 24 May 2004, 11:35 AM
Strat
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by DeanF
Don't know which filter will fit but don't use the Aps cold feed or your engine will die in a few weeks, The air takes the shortest route clinging to the bend in the aps pipe & by passes your Air flow sensor, then the engine goes bang. The Aps is Ok if you have an Engine management system that does not use a Mass Air Flow meter

Dean
I will do a remap (ecutek) after fitting the filter, whatever it is. The air must take the same route everytime so it has to be scaleable right?
Old 24 May 2004, 11:44 AM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Strat,
An Ecutek remap still uses the MAF so the APS will still supply air that misses the sensor, If you notice the filter on your vehicle has a straight path to the MAF, The bend in the APS makes it cling to the outside edge of the pipe & the sensor on your MAF is in the middle..

Dean
Old 24 May 2004, 12:45 PM
Strat
Scooby Newbie

Yes, but what I mean is, not all of the air misses the sensor, and it should be possible to calibrate the ecu to the new voltage. In fact that is what needs to be done everytime you change something with the induction, as the air moves a little bit different, and the airflow seen by the ecu is not correct. Maybe the bent pipe on the aps is a little extreme in this case...
Old 24 May 2004, 11:58 PM
EMS
Scooby Regular

The APS intake will make the MAF read lower, because there is less turbulence in the air passing the MAF. It's not a big problem to correct this when your ECU is remapped by an EcuTek tuner.

Mark.