Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2004, 12:14 AM
R555ANT
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Exhaust Question

Ive just had my97 impreza seviced after owning it for just over 6months. The garage made a note that I will need to get exhaust replaced from the cat onwards due. I will use this as the perfect opportunity to get a new back box, what other conponent do I need? I have heard that scoobysports are pretty good, as im looking for an exhaust with a bit of character, but not too much as do a bit of motorway miles. Their website is currently down, how much am i looking at for these two bits & can i expect any additional BHP from this?
Old 08 May 2004, 06:58 AM
scoobyexhausts
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by R555ANT
Ive just had my97 impreza seviced after owning it for just over 6months. The garage made a note that I will need to get exhaust replaced from the cat onwards due. I will use this as the perfect opportunity to get a new back box, what other conponent do I need? I have heard that scoobysports are pretty good, as im looking for an exhaust with a bit of character, but not too much as do a bit of motorway miles. Their website is currently down, how much am i looking at for these two bits & can i expect any additional BHP from this?

Morning

I'am afraid that Scoobysport have gone bust,but we can still supply the orginal design Scoobysport exhaust.

Ian

Edited to say...... centre pipe and back box will give you approx 18 bhp
Old 08 May 2004, 10:08 AM
ScoobySport (SdB)
Scooby Regular

LOL

Be aware that the latest version of the scoobysport exhaust will shortly available from the new scoobysport.

www.scoobysport.com for information on the new scoobysport (completely different people and company - we've just taken the name and exhaust system).

I won't be going into the whole spamming thing as above, as I think it is wrong, but felt this post was necessary to clear up the economy of truth in Ian's post above.

All the best

Simon
Old 08 May 2004, 10:10 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here we go again
Old 08 May 2004, 10:57 AM
ScoobySport (SdB)
Scooby Regular

LOL
Old 08 May 2004, 11:04 AM
Nev_B
Scooby Regular

Default Scoobysport Exhausts

Hi.

If you are after the original scoobysport exhaust, these were made by a company called Hayward and Scott.

They still make the exhaust components, but now deal direct to the customer, rather than through 3rd party accessory/component dealers.

Their website is www.haywardandscott.co.uk

That will give you enough information.

I personally have an original H&S (scoobysport) backbox and love it. Not too loud until you want to boot it. Then it roars nicely.

Regards

Nev
Old 08 May 2004, 03:06 PM
R555ANT
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys thats a great help, have just emailed Hayward and Scott. So am just waiting for a reply on price. Its says the full system increases power by 30bhp, and centre&back by 18! Just wondered, when i bought it, will it cost me much to get it fitted by a garage,

Regards

R555ant

Trending Topics

Old 08 May 2004, 08:32 PM
scoobyDAZZA
Scooby Regular

centre and back box is a 20 minute job if you got ramps,nip down to your local tyre place and see if you can bung someone a tenner during there luch break and see if they'll do it for you , something i've done many times , on 1st name terms now , lol .
Old 09 May 2004, 12:41 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Default Back box replacement

Have a look at the Ninja and Afterburner boxes on scoobyworld.co.uk.
I've had the Ninja fitted and it's a blast, definite improvement, great noise, but not too loud on the long miles. Good price too, and with a jap style 4.5 inch slash cut pipe, it's looks the dogs.
Pete