Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

P1 needs louder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2001, 10:11 PM
marty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
Can any body tell me if they have fitted a Blitz nur-r mid section and back box onto there car,as at the moment i have a prodrive backbox on my P1 but want a louder exhaust.Will it give me any more power not having the centre cat?
marty
Old 14 October 2001, 11:41 AM
CharliePsycho
Scooby Regular

P1 does not have centre CAT, just one in the downpipe.

...©
Old 14 October 2001, 04:04 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

IIRC the blitz has a massive rear silencer and is not particularly loud.

For really loud, go for de-bunged BPM.

For nice sound, go for full scoobysport or scoobymania, these are the only ones I have tried, cant speak for magnex or falkland, but I thionk most of the great sound comes from the boxer engine so you would be hard pushed to get it wrong.
Old 14 October 2001, 05:15 PM
NINJA
Scooby Regular

Smile

blitz nur spec back box/magnex straight through centre/scoobysport downpipe----fairly loud but sounds great
Old 14 October 2001, 08:09 PM
paul corrigan
Scooby Regular

i tried a full scooby sport then a prodrive back with magnex cent. no res.box with a hks down pipe
the scoob sport was very loud so i changed it to the prodrive which was quieter but felt so much quicker but not loud enough so i changed it for a hks.
this falls between the others in noise levels and gives a little more kick than the prodrive
paul
Old 14 October 2001, 09:34 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Talking

I have a SS down pipe and Nur Spec R system, which I run without the baffle and IMO, contrary to what some other might say, I find mine to be very loud, but quiet when idling in traffic. There probably are other that are louder, but I haven't heard one yet, at least that sounds as deep as mine.
Ptholt and Steve Lawson might good to input on this one IMO, as Both have heard mine a bit and have surely heard a lot of others as well.
Got a little carried away sitting in a car park in Guildford on saturday, Had a car load of kids in front of me gasping at the low growl, so I dropped back from them and gave her a quick 2 sec squirt. Got 4 car alarms off in 1 go. Was embarrassed, but still had a smile on my face and it looked like it made the kids day!
Boy, car parks are the only fun part of going shopping with the other half I find!
You need to be really sure that you can handle the sort of noise these style exhausts crank out. Took me a few weeks to get used to what I had put on.

Cheers,

Nick.
Old 15 October 2001, 10:54 AM
mikeesingh
Scooby Regular

Location: Fastest 4 Clyinder Manual impreza 8.83 1/4 mile GT35 Billet
the blitz back box is very loud, ive heard it on ian grattons P1, ian is selling his back box if you after one.

mikee
Old 15 October 2001, 12:37 PM
ademid
Scooby Regular

Cool

I've got a scoobysport D/P and a Blitz centre and backbox and it is v loud indeed sets of car alarms with no effort at all

Friend has vowed never to drive behind me again cos he could not hear his own exhaust at all

Ade
Old 15 October 2001, 01:29 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Talking

I get the same, but with drivers behind me. They usually drop back a fair bit, especially if I pop a couple of flames out in traffic

Nick.
Old 15 October 2001, 02:19 PM
igratton
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yep,

the Blitz NURSpec is very loud...just a different kind of loud to a BPM Twister. The overrun noise is just incredible.

The Blitz may be for sale later this week for approx £200...its in superb condition.

regards

Ian.
Old 16 October 2001, 04:00 PM
jimbob2
Scooby Regular

Cool

Just had the full Scooby sport fitted to the P1.....

.....girlfriend does NOT like it.....

WHO CARES!!!

Seriously though, it is not as loud as some eg power engineering zorst. At idle, you get the low rumble you would with just the backbox. Mid range things start to liven up. Up around 5000rpm its just totally crazy - sets of car alarms, spits fire, makes people dive for cover when you get the excess fuel to catch!

As for performance, you'll wonder how you ever coped without one. The P1 is now pushing out 300bhp+, the turbo spools up AT LEAST 1000rpm quicker....

.....the fuel gauge also moves a hell of a lot quicker.

Seriously though, do yourself a favour - its a guaranteed grin factor of 10/10.

j

PS Use optimax
Old 17 October 2001, 07:03 PM
chris p1
Scooby Regular

Had the scooby sport downpipe&backbox fitted to my p1 for about 5 months now and i wonder how i ever got by without it performance has improved no end and it sounds awsome still don't have the radio on after 5 months so i can hear my scoob sing