Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

MY00 + PPP + Turbosmart Supersonic

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2004, 03:49 PM
sc00by-d00by
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the process of buying a MY00 UK Scooby Turbo with PPP + a TurboSmart Supersonic B.O.V.

My concerns are around the BOV.

I have seen it driven hard and the boost gauge showed 1 lb of pressure all the way to red-line in every gear.

I quite like the whoosh sound and realise the claims about performance may be untrue.

I've read other threads on BOVs on ScoobyNet but don't feel my specific worries have been put to rest.

So - my queries to the Scooby gurus & community in general are as follows:

a) Does anyone have any experience of this setup and any comments or suggestions about it? (i.e. "it works fine mate" / "get it out - your turbo will blow up after 5000 miles!")

b) If you don't have specific experience of this setup, can you give any general advice as to whether this B.O.V. may cause me any difficulties? I have read various dump-valve threads on here suggesting you will 'run rich' and cause problems for your engine do to ECU over-compensation. How much truth is there in these claims (with an adjustable BOV such as this one)? Has anyone run BOV for 5+ years without issue?

c) What can I do to monitor the engine/turbo to make sure no problems are occurring? (either with a gagdet or manually - e.g. engine sound or idle rpm change?)

I'm pretty much a car newbie & a complete scoob newbie (seeing as I haven't got one yet... ) so I hope you cna make sense of my ramblings and please don't flame me for another dump-valve thread.

Cheers,

Jay

[Edited by sc00by-d00by - 1/26/2004 4:15:44 PM]