Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

my new 98 wrx ?

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2004, 03:27 PM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

thinking of modding the car and was thinking exhaust,dump valve and then a air filter....really want a ninja back box but what about the others
exhaust=ninja back box but which down pipes etc?
dump valve=dont know anything about dump valves except the blitz one is really expensive
air filter=i have no idea?
any help will be really appreciated!
Old 25 January 2004, 04:14 PM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Peachy. I think you've just bought the car I've owned for the last 3 1/2 years. Se my post here. With regards to your questions: After you've changed the back box you should also replace the centre with a straight through Magnex as your current one is quite restrictive. I used to have this exhaust with a Magnex backbox and the centre pipe make make a noticable diffence to sound and performance. I never replaced the downpipe but have heard that a Magnex downpipe is also good pice of kit, but don't forget you will be removing the only cat and will fail your mot without it unless you fit a sports cat centre (like those from Power Enginering) which is very expensive. With regards to induction kits, I had a Piper Cross fitted for a couple of years which makes a great sound and also helps performance but some people will recommend a good panel filter over an induction kit as they suck in colder air in their enclosed box and are probably just as effective. Don't know much about dump valves so will leave that to someone else... Happy motoring!

[Edited by scoobysnacks - 1/25/2004 4:15:45 PM]
Old 25 January 2004, 07:36 PM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

hi scoobysnacks

i forgot about that previous post and yep its definatly your old car and you looked after it very well and has anyone ever been in it apart from you its like a brand new car inside! very impressed!
thanks for the info its much appreciated!
i can't believe i'm talking to the guy who owned my car
Old 25 January 2004, 07:40 PM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

wonder why the dealer said it was chipped but to be honest i was more worried about that than pleased
Old 25 January 2004, 07:52 PM
scoobysnacks
Scooby Regular

One thing I fogot to say was that you could also fit a quieter resonated centre section from Magnex which costs about £115 instead of £50 for the straight through. I guess this depends on how much noise you want! Not sure why the dealer said it was chipped... Maybe they didn't think it had 276 bhp as standard - I do remember telling them the power and they did seemed quite surprised.
Old 25 January 2004, 08:39 PM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

its getting a tracker fitted during the week as insurance is a bugger when your 24! gonna stick to fairly subtle mods as i think its a gorgous car just the way it is