Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

This FECKIN' CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2001, 09:26 PM
Karlos
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christ!

I've had this bloody MY98 for just over a month now and now the bloody clutch has started slipping. It's not bad enough it's gotta go back for piston slap, when driving up Portsdown Hill this evening, I went to overtake someone in second and the car just didn't move!!! Next thing I know i'm doing six grand on the rev counter!!!! I mean, the clutch has been juddering and I thought I was losing power somehow but this as well!!!! How are my dealer going to react when I phone them up on monday and say the clutch is fubar'd to and I want that done?

Are they going to think I'm taking the ****?

The car has only done 20K's.... I'm begining to wonder if they were all track miles!!!!!!!!!

I've had two pre-97' Impreza's and have had NONE of these problems. I thought cars were supposed to improve each year?

Karlos
Old 29 June 2001, 09:51 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Your dealer will love it. Its all extra money for him.
Old 30 June 2001, 02:37 PM
Karlos
Scooby Regular

Eh!?!

I don't want to pay the *******!

Karlos
Old 30 June 2001, 02:59 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Subaru will pay your dealer.

WREXY.
Old 01 July 2001, 08:27 PM
WAL
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hi Karlos
Sorry to hear about your ongoing woes with your new Scoob, I would personally just complain about a juddering clutch and do not mention its **** up. I did read on a Scoob brochure somewhere that "the clutch driven plate" is not covered by the warranty, I suppose to stop the 5000 rev side step the clutch oh dear its gone bang brigade.
If it makes you feel slightly better you drove past us on the A32 yesterday morning whilst we were on THE BUS!!!, how we have fallen.
Anyway best of luck, the Scenic arrives next week so if you see an opposite locking green Y plate its probably me....

See you
Warren
Old 02 July 2001, 03:47 PM
Simon
Scooby Regular

Karlos,

I doubt very much that your clutch is covered by warranty, especially not if it is slipping, as this is general wear and tear. It's not that bad, your car is three years old now, and powerful 4x4 cars are not easy on clutches.

What you can do though is get the dealer to fit you a new clutch while they are fixing the piston slap. This way you should only have to pay for a new clutch and not the labour, meaning the difference between a £700 bill and a £300 one.

Simon

[This message has been edited by Simon (edited 02 July 2001).]
Old 03 July 2001, 09:44 AM
Karlos
Scooby Regular

HAHAHAHHAHAHA!

On the bus.... How I laughed when I read your post Warren. Sorry, couldn't help it. I bloody hate public transport.

Simon I think I'm going pay for an AP clutch kit from Scoobymania, rather than pay the dealer to put a stock item in. Worth doing now especially with what I've got planned... He He!

Will find out about getting it fitted at Scoobysport when I book the car in for a service soon.

Karlos