apexi or hks??

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 1999, 02:18 PM
karlo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi all,
I was wondering if there are anybody out there that knows anything about apexi avc etc and hks evc4???
I am looking for an indepentant advisor as I am getting conflicting info concerning both!!
Please email me
Regards
Karlo
Old 29 December 1999, 03:13 PM
Sam Elassar
Scooby Regular

Wink

LINK
they both are too expensive.?

[This message has been edited by Sam Elassar (edited 29-12-1999).]
Old 29 December 1999, 04:11 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Karlo,

Firefox would be well placed to comment on the HKS kit.

Moray
Old 29 December 1999, 07:34 PM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Location: SSO2003 2nd, SSO2005 1st, SSO2006 2nd, TACC Rd4 5th 4wd: In my car ;-)
Karlo,

EVC's/EBC's are very expensive for what they do.

For not that much more (relatively) you could get the Possum Link, as Sam said. This will also allow you to adjust the fueling, ignition, etc', etc', as well as the boost.

You will get much better, safer, results.

Mark.
Old 29 December 1999, 10:11 PM
karlo
Scooby Regular

Question

can I safey say that this possiumlink is an actual replacement to the original ecu???
This is because I would like products that I can take off and use on my 'new' car when I do change.
If it is NOT a replacement then please tell me more and the price etc......
That is why I am interested in products that will be able to be used on another turbo car, like the hks/apexi
Regards
karlo
MONEY CONCERNED!!!!HEHEHEHEHE

[This message has been edited by karlo (edited 29-12-1999).]
Old 29 December 1999, 10:31 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Cool

for Possum Link, speak to Ben/Mike/Jon at Scoobymania
Old 29 December 1999, 11:42 PM
karlo
Scooby Regular

Smile

If Firefox is reading this or anyone who would/ can help me please contact me on my email
thanks

Trending Topics

Old 29 December 1999, 11:48 PM
sorcerer
Scooby Newbie

Lee Christie is trying to run the Possum, but has problems.

Scoobymania can apparently sell you the product, but you can buy it yourself for much less if you go directly to the source in New Zealand or find other sources.

Bob Rawle is, as we speak, the person to talk to about efficient and safe setup for the product. He has the longest experience with this ecu and it will be worth emailing him for further info.
Old 30 December 1999, 10:24 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Talking

There are a number of cars running the LINK, that I know of. Including a couple of STI Vs

I thought - and I could be wrong - that Lee is not yet running the LINK as the Lambda sensor could not be removed to insert a decent wide-band Lambda to set the car up. But I could be wrong, it may have been someone else's car - Lee, care to comment?

If you are interested in getting it well set up, email me offline - I wouldn't like to be accused of dodgy ethics!

David
Old 30 December 1999, 01:11 PM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Location: SSO2003 2nd, SSO2005 1st, SSO2006 2nd, TACC Rd4 5th 4wd: In my car ;-)
Karlo,

The Possum is dedicated to the Subaru, and the model year.

If you go the HKS route, also concider the FCON 5. An alternative would be to look into the UNICHIP product. It will also re-map all parameters, but can be moved from car to car. Speak to Powerstation for info.

As for mapping the Possum Link, currently, Bob Rawle is the only person in the UK with any real experience.

Whilst a wide band lambda sensor would be a little better for mapping the fueling, it's not a necessity.

Mark.
Old 30 December 1999, 01:21 PM
Area 52 Autosport
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham with 620BHP & 530lb/ft @1.5bar boost on road fuel.
To suggest Bob is the only person that can map the Possum isn't true.

We have done several including the STi Version 5. People have to remember that Bob is an enthusiastic amateur and may not have the time available to do such mapping whenever it suits the customer. He does have a full time job afterall! 2 in fact!

There is a little disinformation flying around here and so I would welcome any direct mails or phone calls to clear up any confusion.

Ben
Old 30 December 1999, 02:25 PM
Lee
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I thought the use of hotmail accounts had stopped..sorceror..whoever you are...where did you get the info about me ??

I dont really want to carry on the off-thread posting but since misleading information has been posted I guess I have no choice..

1) There are no problems with my LINK. I have been running it on the default map for the last 2 weeks now, even when it has been totally iced up in the morning.

2) If you had a choice of mapping a car on a wideband sensor or the standard one then who would choose the std ?? Like Mark has said, not a necessity but a luxury. The plan is to use a wideband sensor to map mine..it will be interesting to see if it does make life easier...

3) My std lambda sensor is broken and I am waiting on a replacement. This , combined with the fact that MY99 sensors are incredibly difficult to remove cleanly means that there will be no mapping done on my car until the sensor has been replaced.
Incidentally the broken sensor only came to light when we started to map the car !! Wonder how many others are running round on a duff sensor ?

I fail to see why we must create ill-feeling on this BBS. Bob has been a great help to me and so have Scoobymania. Leave it at that.

It may be of interest to explain why I did not import the kit personally.
How much would I have really saved ? 10% maybe ? Where would I go for support ? As good as email is there are some occasions where you do need to physically take the car and yourself along ! By choosing a UK based reseller you avoid any hassles with import-duties, carriage-disasters..essentially peace-of-mind.

Also, the fact that the LINK does all what the HKS kit does and more, for much the same cost..bit of a no-brainer to me really.

Sorceror, drop me a line to say where you found out I had "problems" from...would be interesting to know...
Old 30 December 1999, 03:09 PM
GavinP
Scooby Regular

I must say that I agree with Lee - I thought all this anonymous posting nonsense had been stamped out....

I would also agree with sourcing electronic components locally - I have recently received a MRT chip for my 94 WRX (made by Fueltronics incidentally) - seemed a good budget option at £320 ex. shipping/duty. This I imported myself and now wish I had gone to a local supplier - for the support aspects (not the quality of the product which is so far still boxed and untested).

Basically I removed the ECU and opened it up - no socket on the motherboard although the area on the PCB is obvious enough. Being a very inexperienced solderer(?) I have decided to get this done properly (a bodge job could be an expensive mistake!) and will now have to wait until the 4th Jan before fitting.

Bottom line - importing is not always the best option IMHO! - Suspension parts don't generally need technical customer support.....

Incidentally, I have a question: is there a way to tell if the Lambda sensor is working properly on a non-Link ECU car ?

Once I (finally) get the chip fitted, I'll post some feedback.

Thanks

Gavin

P.S. Going back to the original thread - DP Motorsports sell both types of equipment so it may be worth dropping them an e-mail - see
Old 30 December 1999, 03:17 PM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Ben,

I didn't suggest, or imply that Bob was the "only" person able to map the Possum, just that he is "currently" the most experienced person.

He's also the same "enthusiastic amature", that Scoobymania were going to use to do their Possum mapping.

Lee,

I've just had to change a faulty lambda sensor on my car. Cost me £36 + vat, and a short time to fit. How does the fitment of the '99, differ from that of the '98.

Also, why don't you just map your car using the wide band sensor. It eliminates the use of the standard faulty sensor anyway. Then you can just replace the faulty sensor when the new one comes, and the car will be finished.

Ben,
I wish we could hear the facts on the bbs, instead of them being taken "offline" all the time. It's also a far better way of correcting misleading information.

Mark.

Old 30 December 1999, 03:28 PM
GavinP
Scooby Regular

Karlo,

You can download a copy of the PossumLink manual from here in Adobe Acrobat format -
Old 30 December 1999, 03:45 PM
Area 52 Autosport
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham with 620BHP & 530lb/ft @1.5bar boost on road fuel.
Mark

Both you and Sorceror are supplying misleading information and again in your last post. My offer to anybody who is remotely interested in this thread was to call me and speak to me direct, which a few of you have done thank you.

I cannot stop you supplying the wrong information Mark in a public forum in the same way you can say what you like about anybody when down the pub in their absence and so rather than keep responding to your points, it will be far more beneficial for any interested parties to talk to the horse's mouth so to speak.

Please feel free to call me Mark, you know the number.

Kind regards

Ben
Old 30 December 1999, 04:25 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

OK guys let's not let this thing run away from itself.

Sorceror, you do not do anybody any favours by posting with your alias, in fact your last post could be seen as a bit of a 'shot in the foot'. Maybe you need to aim a little higher?

Quattro would love to know where your TRUTH stems from? put up or shut up!

Mark Aigin.

OK let's correct the 'misleading' information on line as you suggest:
You don't know that Bob is currently the only person with any real experience, all you know is that he is the only one that you know of.

You didn't 'say' he was the only one who could do it, but the inference was not even slightly hidden.

Bob was one of the people that we were considering referring our customers to at an early stage, that is now no longer necessary as we have a professional & experienced engine tuner on board.

I am sure that even Bob would not class himself as anything other than a competent/knowledgeable (and he is both) amateur.

This is all really pretty academic really though isn't it? The service that Scooby Mania provide is as suggested before, is one which takes all of the hassle and leg work out of having to deal with Australia or New Zealand at any stage.

We have a good working relationship already with all of our suppliers and technical back-up (where needed) is only a (late night) phone call away.

Your car is an import Mark..... did you import it yourself cheaper (as you suggest this is the best way), or did you buy it in the UK?

This is not meant to inflame matters, it is meant to high-light that there are different ways to achieve the same thing without one of the options being painted/labelled as wrong or better.

You know this to be true otherwise you would not have purchased from us yourself?

Let's not allow this to be more than it needs to be, If we can help we will, everybody we have sold product to so far has been happy, (I hope it stays that way).
Let's stop all of the unnecessary point scoring.

Mike
Scooby Mania.

Old 30 December 1999, 04:44 PM
Lee
Scooby Regular

To answer the queries :

>>How does the fitment of the '99 sensor
>>differ from that of the '98.

The '99 sensor has had the thread coated with some "gum" - as a result it is wedged in very very tight. I know of one sensor that was removed and the thread was stripped as a result. Ask PE/SS who have done downpipe swaps.

>>Why not map the car on the wideband sensor?
>>It does away with the faulty sensor issue.

Very true, however what happens if scoobymania try to remove the sensor and the downpipe thread is stripped ? Their tuner did start to remove the sensor but his opinion was that it felt "wrong" - better to be safe than sorry.
Since I am having a new lambda sensor fitted under warranty (ScoobySport are authorised to do warranty work), if they (SS) strip the thread and I need a new pipe etc they are authorised to do it. To be fair, at present scoobymania are not authorised to do warranty work.

My plan is thus..let SS remove the duff sensor and fit a replacement, all under warranty. The new one will not be gummed in and therefore scoobymania will be able to safely remove it to fit the wideband for mapping, then replace it with the standard one again.

A little complex, but then again the sensor should be replaced under warranty, I don't see why I should fork out for it !

[This message has been edited by Lee (edited 30-12-1999).]
Old 30 December 1999, 05:36 PM
karlo
Scooby Regular

Angry

I MUST POST THIS AND SAY THAT I AM VERY SORRY FOR THE CONFLICT ON THIS BBS AND WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAS REPLIED WITH USEFUL INFORMATION.
I WOULD LIKE NOW (AS I WAS THE SOURCE OF THIS CONFLICT )FOR PEOPLE WITH USEFUL INFO TO EMAIL ME PERSONALLY ESPECIALLY BEN,MIKE,SCOOBYMANIA,LEE AND ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS EXPERIENCE OF THE POSSUMLINK ON A UK SPEC CAR!!!!
PLEASE ACCEPT MY APPOLICIES AND I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SAID ABOVE TO EMAIL ME!!
(I VERY MUCH LIKE TO SPEAK TO LEE , IF POSSIBLE CAN YOU EMAIL YOUR PHONE NUMBER???)
Old 30 December 1999, 06:16 PM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Ben/Mike,

I don't want to get into a slanging match. I'm sure that Scooby Mania, and the engine tuner you use, are very good at what you do.

Whist it wasn't me who commented on importing products, I agree that given the option, it is easier to buy from a UK based supplier, and yes I did buy the ARB's for that reason, and one accepts that it will cost more to do so.

However, I stand by my post. It is not misleading, in any way shape, or form. Like you said, I didn't claim Bob is the only person able to map the Possum. Nor did I imply your guy can't do a good job.

Please tell me who is more knowledgeable, or has more experience with the Possum than Bob ???.

Ben, in future, if you are going to accuse me of something, back it up. Mike shouldn't have to try and qualify your statements.

I think someone has decided that I don't like Scooby Mania, This is not the case. I'm pleased you exist, and hope you flourish. We need more choice in the Scooby after market place. Mike you know me well enough to know I wish you no harm.

Mark.
Old 30 December 1999, 11:56 PM
kangaroo
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs down

I have owned an Impreza for longer than most of you guys and am pretty close to those who have developed not only Possum, but other Link products as well. This latest topic really is disgusting and only makes an otherwise decent product look bad because of those who obviously lack knowledge as well as professional courtesy and attitude.

Even we in Australia know who Bob Rawle is and people in New Zealand (and here) respect him more than most of those who tried to make the Possum ecu work in our conditions. His results so far are far better than those achieved in Australia. To call him an 'enthusiastic amateur' by a person who is repeatedly showing 'overenthusiastic lack of any knowledge' is disgusting. By the way, Mr. Tuckwood, if Bob is an amateur what are you and your associates? Professionals perhaps? Well, if this is how 'professionals' work in your market, your clients are in big trouble with a product like Possum for sure.

Why is everyone trying to degrade one man's actual knowledge? I hope he will not remain the only one to deal with the Possum for the next 100 years, but until others learn you should be grateful to have anyone who can lead the pack.

ScoobyMania may be a decent business as any other, but the way Mr. Tuckwood & Co. allow poor Ben to attack and be attacked is also disgusting. Only people without healthy confidence in what they are doing repsond in such a bad way as he has been doing lately.

It is plain obvious that ScoobyManiacs want their place under the sun (and why not), but if it was not for MRT they would not even have the product they know very little what to do with. Reading about their business it seems they have other MRT, etc. products to offer, so what's all the fuss about the Possum? Is there a real problem or mates have to be the best no matter what?

Lee says he has been driving for weeks with his Possum default map. Well, he can drive, but if he and those around him think this is good, I can tell you he is light years away from what can be done.

Shame this is all happening simply because a group of people with dreams and no means cannot accept real world. Mr. Tuckwood said he and his 'firm' also wanted the 'most knowledgeable amateur' to work for or with them, so why didn't they use him as someone who knows rather than others who may or may not know? I notice a member requested information on who might be ScoobyMania's in-house genius, let's hope credentials of some weight will be coming.

Bad, real bad. I own an Sti4 and have the Possum and other Link modules. I am ok with my car, but nowhere near what I would like. I am new member but was reading your bbs for months and liked most of what I could get to learn. Lately, unfrotunately, most of people and threads have reached a far too low level of bad thinking and I am surprised than members do not seem to mind. As if all this has nothing to do with anyone.

I am sorry if my words are seen offensive and some you will say I should shut up and 'chill out down under'. Well, I love the same car you people do and what you are doing won't do any good to anyone.

Did you know that your Benny Boy even posts regulalry on an Australian site? Not that many people even bother to react.

I do have a legitimate e-mail address with one of the most popular providers in the UK and I do exist. Very much so as a matter of fact. I am not an alias either, I'm afraid.

[This message has been edited by kangaroo (edited 31-12-1999).]
Old 31 December 1999, 12:02 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Karlo,

back to your original question.

Having an Sti V that I would like to have running safe power on sensible fuel I have looked at a number of options.

I know nothing of the Apexi kit, but have some experience of the HKS kit.

IMHO the HKS equipment is well made, and it is the number one tuning supplier in Japan for a reason - but it may well be unsuited to the UK market. I am aware of one STI V that ran EVC, FCD, AFR etc, etc for 30,000 hard miles and was fine.

You do not say which MY car you drive, however given latent fueling problems in the MY99 cars, I have not been convinced that there is a tuner in the UK that knows how to utilise and optimise HKS equipment, other than to bolt on what is recommended by HKS Europe. I don't mean to do a disservice to the products, but I would prefer that those who fit the equipment should at least know engines very well, and should know something about the idiosychrasies of the Subaru.

Having said that, the car described above did run well, utilising overboost, and is still running fine - except for a worn gearbox.

Another consideration regarding HKS kit is that it is very widely used in the EVO VI community, with some success - most of Ralliart/Coordsport 'specials' are oozing with HKS parts, including EVC and FconV.

Also IMHO the best solution for similar money is to go down the route of a remappable chip. Possum LINK would seem to be a good value choice, with experience building around the world - Motec would seem to be the ultimate - but a buy and set up cost of £5-6,000 would put most of us off.

My final comment is that I am extremely concerned by some of the comments in this thread - whether right or wrong we as individuals must make judgements on the veracity of posters comments - however if we are going to be in a position to exploit products like LINK, or even HKS, then we need to work as a community, which we are, to be able to share information openly and positively.

Taking positions, whether for personal or commercial reasons does not work over time, ultimately it is a very destructive force.

So chill out guys, I look forward to a sharing new Millenium.

David

[This message has been edited by Rannoch (edited 31-12-1999).]
Old 31 December 1999, 12:15 AM
Bob Rawle
Ecu Specialist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Despite haveing been mentioned in most of the posts within this thread I have been very hopeful that it would now "go away".

However it has not.

I just want to say that this thread was opened by a person seeking our help, we then allow it to "degenerate" into a debate that is so far away from the original question it may as well be on Mars.

Karlo then feels he has to apologise !!

I am strongly aginst the use of hidden identity's, the posts of Kangaroo and Sorcerer are not conjucive to the spirit of this bbs whatever the motives are. I will clearly say that I do not welcome what was said. It adds nothing and only fuels the fire. The rules should/must be changed to prevent this.

My interest/involment in Link products is of long standing, my interest in engine management is of even longer standing, my interest in motor vehicles is so long standing I have trouble remembering when it started. I try and assist with as much valid advice as possible.

I wish to be able to post to this BBS in order to help/assist without fear of these "debates" starting. Recently I have refrained from doing so where Link products are concerned for that very reason.

The bbs is/should not be a marketplace or an advertising forum, it is no companies/individuals feeding ground and should/must not be treated as such.

Finally I am disappointed that my personal circumstances have been openly debated, for the record I have ONE job that involves me in TWO companies which have a COMMON management structure. Also for the record I have a limited commercial interest for specific situations involving Link products when asked.

Those are my thoughts.

So lets put this to bed and get on with enjoying the millenium.

Have a good one everyone, and I do mean everyone.

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob Rawle (edited 31-12-1999).]
Old 31 December 1999, 02:18 AM
pat
Scooby Regular

Getting a bit heated this debate, hmmm... no need for that, IMHO...

Kangaroo, I'm not sure why you are getting upset about Bob being called an enthusiastic amateur. By definition, an amateur does work for no renumeration whereas a professional demands a salary / rate / whatever you want to call it. I have yet to see Bob asking for any money in return for any advice / help he has given [correct me if I'm wrong here, Bob]

I'de have to re-read the entire thread again to be sure, but I do not believe that anyone was trying to belittle Bob's expertise with regard to the Link. I think that everyone accepts Bob as an authority on the Link. That's doesn't mean thare there can't be / aren't any others in the UK. Bob is one (perhaps best known) of those who really know what they're doing.

Perhaps Scoobymania don't have as much experience with the Link as Bob does. Perhaps they do. But like most electronic items, a widget is a widget. As long as your understanding of the fundamentals (in this case engine mapping) are sound, the rest is all semantics (IMHO). There's no reason, therefore, that someone competent at mapping an engine, but having never used a Link, should have any difficulty in doing "what he/she does" once having gotten used to the interface.

Personally, I haven't mapped an engine yet, and would be very grateful for any hints / advice Bob way wish to share as and when I get round to it. But I'm a tinkerer. I love widgets. Others may not have the same level of enhusiasm for the details and just want the thing setup. Then it's a case of PE Phase I or getting someone to setup a Link. Bob may not have the time to setup cars (it's not exactly a short procedure!); that's where a "professional" tuner would come in. That's not to say that a professional tuner would do a better (or worse) job than Bob could. It's just that he/she has the time to devote to setting up a car because that's what he/she gets paid to do! It's their day-job.

Point about the default map taken. It is only a "get your engine running" map, and by no stretch of the imagination optimal, or anywhere close. But that's the whole point of the Link, isn't it? *YOU* (with the aid of an expeienced user such as Bob) or your professional tuner should alter the maps to suit the car.

This from the perspective of someone who has no vested interest [bar that I could do with some advice from Bob in the not too distant future :-)] in "either side" and perhaps an unbiased view.

Cheers,

Pat.
Old 31 December 1999, 07:52 AM
kangaroo
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Pat,

Thanks for repeating most of what I have said in my post - agree 200%!!

I am not getting upset at all - personally, I am in a position I couldn't care less, but I reacted simply because there is far too many 'heated' topics which get people fired up, they argue very badly for a while and then it all fades away without anything positive happening apart from bad blood and all that.

Too much of that looks to me like a bad quality street fight and it is this what,in my opinion, what leaves a bad mark. Wouldn't it be better to say, 6 months after - gee, what a good map for 95RON fuel we have here, for example!!

Good thinking, anyway!

Henry G. (now you know I even have a name)

[This message has been edited by kangaroo (edited 31-12-1999).]
Old 31 December 1999, 08:56 AM
BPM
Scooby Regular

Cool

Maybe this is a time to mention a fully kitted Subaru workshop with all the diagnostic tools and select monitors that represents BPM in the UK and can also tune a LINK.

You can also get your car serviced and maintained there..

Subaru Manchester Peter Connolly.
UK 0161 224 1431 FAX 0161 224 0181

If you have any further queries , please do not hesitate to email me or we can chat online with
ICQ (45940764)

Greg Nikolettos
BPM Marketing Division
Phone: (617) 3272 8885
Fax: (617) 3218 8880
bpm@bpmsports.com
Old 31 December 1999, 09:52 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

Angry

This is dire. Thanks once again moving the thread away from its original question.

Maybe I've taken it the wrong way, but you seem to be "attacking" me for running with the default map ???

I have only ran it on the default map since
a) couldnt be bothered to remove the ecu - too cold right now
b) how could I start to alter the map when I have no idea what afr I'm running ?

I want to start remapping right away ! And am frustrated I can't !

Light years away from whats possible - hopefully, yes !

Ben and I differ slightly as to the mapping process and for (what will become) obvious reasons.
I want to map the engine right to the limit, and as such am prepared to make adjustments due to weather changes, constant monitoring etc. I am probably one of the few who will purchase the tuning module/seriallink and do this.

Ben (Scoobymania's) preferred approach is to map the car for customers to a safe level of performance. This may mean that the performance may be on a par with, or better than the prodrive conversion. I agree with this 100% - if I was a customer who wasnt able/inclined to remap I would want engine reliability first, performance second.

Your freeserve address possum@possum2.fsnet.co.uk is hardly giving anything away ! Why not tell us your name and share your experience with us.

This BBS is meant to bring together the subaru community to SHARE experience, provice advice etc. This is what Bob does, hopefully people will feel the same about me. I don't like backseat BBS'ers who only popup to condemn.

Are you willing to accept/reply to mails for help and advice ?

Old 31 December 1999, 11:49 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I was sort of hoping that this one wouldn't drift this way as others have.

Pat is absolutely spot on and I have the utmost respect for Bob and I am sure that Bob is already aware of this.

As a company we need to be able to offer people a service which they can call upon when they need it, this is what we are providing. Bob will help/do what his limited time allows him to, this is a bonus to everybody who Bob helps (and that's a lot).

Mike.
Old 31 December 1999, 02:02 PM
karlo
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thank you Bob for that last posting!!!
I was wondering when someone was going to get back to the original question which I posted!!!
But due to the amount of people stating that the possumlink is the best way to go IT is NOT changeable .
So all these posting ,is a way, a waste of time!!!
I would like to post another question which is
I AM KEEPING THE CAR FOR 4 YEARS AT LEAST AND THE MODEL IS A 95-96 N REG UK SPEC CAR!!
WILL IT BE WISE FOR ME TO GO FOR CHANGEABLE ITEMS OR GO FOR THE ECU REPLACEMENT??
REGARDS
PLEASE NO MORE NON-RELATED POSTINGS
OR BETTER PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECT!!!!
Old 31 December 1999, 05:46 PM
Lee
Scooby Regular

Smile

Getting back to the original question..

As many will know, I mucked about with the car's boost levels. Various debates led to snippets of advice, mainly that
a) an electronic boost controller is far better at controlling boost levels on a car.
b) you really need to monitor (adjust) the fuelling to compliment the extra boost.

I started looking round and for the price of the boost controller, afr etc you can buy a LINK.
Also, I was looking for a solution that could be easily removed. I didnt much fancy the idea of having stuff plumbed into the boost/fuel mechanisms and again the LINK came up trumps - it is just a single board to swap.

So I'm afraid that from my criteria I would choose the Link every time over the add-ons.

Firefox is looking to ditch the addons he has - he is yet to make up his mind but I would suspect it is between the Link and Motec.

Yes the Link is model specific, but as it doesnt "wear out" I would suspect you could sell it on without too much loss.

Quick Reply: apexi or hks??