Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Blitz Spec 'R' system just fitted - wow!

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 1999, 12:02 AM
Jonathan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PE fitted my Blitz system. Took ages to make sure there was not a clunk. Cable Ties etc were needed.It takes a different route to most systems

Jonathan

Old 10 November 1999, 12:15 AM
DaveU
Scooby Regular

Talking

Lee - standard STI downpipe. In fact, car is totally standard apart from exhaust. The silencer looks like a peice of cake to remove - just one nut. If you want to hear it i'll be at Donno (not on track!) on the 20th and at the the 'Pod on the 21st or if you live anywhere near High Wycombe... then mail me direct!

J. - I took the car over to RaceLogic yesterday, really great bunch of guys, they get a 4x4 company just round the corner (literally) to fit the exhausts for them. I will investigate the clunking later on after work (if i ever get finished - i just want to go and drive it again!).

Jonathan - really? How bad was your 'clunk' before they sorted it?

Great 'popping' noise it makes when coming down to 2k revs doesn't it!!!!
Old 10 November 1999, 08:17 AM
DaveU
Scooby Regular

Cool

Wow!

After hearing a few cars running the mid+back sections at the 'Pod recently I decided that the Blitz system is the one for me!
The one I got is the one with the removable silencer although I can't imagine how loud it would be without it (obviously i'm going to try it out!) as it's pretty loud now. It sounds to me like a more meaty version of the SS system (flame suit on!). It has completely transformed the driving experience of my car - it pulls much better now through all gears, even 5th gear now snaps my head against the back of the seat (harder than before!).

My only question is - it tends to 'clunk' a bit when the LHS of the car goes over bumps or potholes - are they supposed to do this - ie with a bit of play or is it just not fitted tightly enough?? Thanks

Dave (STI-V TypeR)
Old 10 November 1999, 08:51 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

Out of interest, what front pipe are you running with ?

And how long do you think it will take to remove/fit the silencer section ?

cheers
Old 10 November 1999, 08:59 AM
Jonathan
Scooby Regular

Red face

The silencer takes about 2 minutes. Its just a nut that needs undoing. Watch those hands if its hot.

Its a lot louder then. I dont think Donnington would allow the car on circuit with it removed.

Interestingly when I fitted it to my STI V I lost power low down but gained some high up. On the road it does feel quicker, but I think some of that is down to the noise !!

Jonathan
Old 10 November 1999, 10:20 AM
firefox
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi there...

I'm glad to here you liek the system... who fitted it Racelogic ?

The clunky will probably be either:

Rearbox hitting the rear diff
Rearbox hitting the anti-roll bar

The exhaust doesnt normally lift.. the mounts stop it doing that...but they do allow it to swing from side to side.... hence the diff..

Give it a waggle (oooer) and see.... if you move it to the drivers side and it clunks... chances are its the diff....

J.
Old 10 November 1999, 10:28 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

I have money burning a hole in my pocket right now to get an exhaust system but still cant decide..
I like the Blitz cos
a) looks good
b) "character"
c) replaces mid and rear box.
d) good quality and gains (presumably)

but I am very very worried that it has too much "character" - the last thing I would want would be to buy an exhaust which failed all drive-bys and not get it on a track.

off-topic a bit, but how does the PE/SS FULL systems compare in terms of noise ?
Old 10 November 1999, 01:03 PM
Jonathan
Scooby Regular

Talking

They noticed the clunk whilst fitting. It took approx 45 minutes to make sure it wouldnt bang anywhere ie diff.

Jonathan