Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Serious confusion with 3rd Party suppliers

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 1999, 03:16 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I an seriously miffed with who does the better products, if you look at Scoobysport, they tell you that thay have the superior products on offer. Then when you look at PE Site thay tell you the same. WHO has the better components? all i'm looking for are are mods like Air Flow and maybe a Phase 1 Chip!

The confused

Harj...
Old 04 November 1999, 03:47 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs down

welcome to the world of capitalism, you dont honestly expect a company to say its products are inferior to its competitors do you?
get real and join the rest of us in the real world!
Old 04 November 1999, 06:00 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

There is not a great deal of difference between performance exhausts, they are all going to provide similar power output, it is then down to a personal choice as to which one you want. Some are mild steel and wont last very long, some are stainless steel and will last much longer, there are also coated mild steel systems, but i have no knowledge of these so cant comment on them.

With regards Phase 1 chips you are a little more limited, PE do one, so do several other companies, but some have reliability problems due to the way they improve the performance of the car, they have been discussed in great detail on other threads.

As has been said, Company A are hardly likely to say company B's product is better than their own.

Go to a meet, look at and listen to what you are interested in, then make a decision and buy it, simple ????
Old 04 November 1999, 07:54 PM
Lee
Scooby Regular

I've been looking round for what seems like forever now trying to decide on the "best" exhaust/filter etc.

results..as Ian says..totally down to personal choice. Some like a fat (phat?) tailpipe, some like rude'N'loud, some like discretion, warranties etc

Interesting though that the performance "gains" are bettered by the change from warm to colder weather !

In terms of £ per bhp the best performance mod is a bleed valve (£20) increasing the boost from 14 to 16/17 psi..just below the ECU cut-out so no problems with ignition/fuelling etc.