Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Missing Post

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2003, 10:38 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I posted on here last night and when I come to look tonight my post has disappeared. What is going on?
Old 06 July 2003, 11:24 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Harvey YHM.
Old 07 July 2003, 10:20 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Yes I have mail John and I will keep stum re the content of your e-mails as you have requested.

If I post a genuine enquiry on here on something that many of us have been interested in and observing over a period of time and then my post disappears obviosly I am going to be upset, particularly so if the moderator who saw fit to remove my post did not extend the courtesy of an e-mail to say why my post has been removed.

I am interested to know how other engines perform,2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5 litres in comparison to 2.0 litres. Where does it pull from, what is off boost performance like, does it like to rev and can it breath OK at top end and where is top end.

I am particularly interested as I decided at the end of May to go for another 2.0litre engine but sleeved down from a 2.2 CDB to give more strength. There has been a lot of talk on here and 22b since last October and before about bigger capacity engines but none appear to be running reliably yet.

Pulling my post in the manner it has happened stinks.
Old 07 July 2003, 10:31 AM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Harvey,

I was also interested in your very point.

From what John has said, he agreed with me when I suggested it pulled like a regular normally aspirated 2.0 when off boost, with 500rpm or so better spool up on his turbo.

As for the other, time will tell.

Paul
Old 07 July 2003, 11:45 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harvey, i removed the post as we had an RTM directly from John requesting that personal information relating to his engine be removed from the board, or words to that effect.

By the time i logged on to have a look, there were quite a few posts after Johns initial post in your thread, requesting his engine not to be discussed on the bbs.

Due to my in-abilities to be able to use 2 hands on my laptop atm, i mistakenly deleted the thread before obtaining your email address, which i dont happen to have on my laptop, so consequently i could not email you as the thread originator to explain why your post had been removed.

However, no doubt John has now subsequently explained why it was deleted, but in the meantime, please accept my apologies for not explaining why your thread was deleted.

Regards

Steven
Old 08 July 2003, 12:47 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

F.A.O. Steven Darley.
Your excuse for not contacting me is lame. I am easy to contact and if you want to disappear somebody's thread then it is common courtesy to tell them of the action you are taking and why. This is particularly so as I asked a perfectly legitimate question of interest to many on this board. The subsequent posts of which I was not aware obviously caused some embarassment but it does not absolve the lack of etiquette on your part.
There is also the question of whether the post should have been deleted entirely. As I understand it, everything stated was true and factual.
I have only ever had two posts deleted on any board and both were by you. I consider that is signifigant.
Old 08 July 2003, 09:54 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harvey YHM

Regards

Steven
Old 09 July 2003, 01:33 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Unhappy

Harvey, give Steven a break, he has explained why he did what he did.

You have a short memory, i have deleted some of your posts in the past when i used to be the only moderator of this forum, you should remember it because we ended up having a telephone conversation about it.

Can we please try and get along and have some friendly discusions rather than see what happens as personal all the time, and thats aimed at everyone, not just Harvey.

Hope to see you all Sunday.

cheers
john