Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Advice needed for more grunt out of a 2002 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2003, 09:14 PM
dean harris
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm interested to read/hear people's different opinions on the following subject(sorry if it drags on abit)
I have a 2002 UK WRX and the following perfomance mods have been done to date(by the previous owner).
Hayward and Scott Backbox and 2 centre pipes(presumably this means one Cat has been replaced already ?)
ITG Panel filter
I am thinking of getting a Scoobysport/Ecutek remap done in the future,but what I would like to know is,has anyone just had this done and not gone down the road of having the downpipe replaced,or is there another option to keep within the required levels for emissions on the MOT test when it is due.
As I was not given the original centre sections when i bought the car I don't want to have to replace the downpipe everytime the car needs an MOT.Failing that,"Cough,Who knows a friendly MOT garage?Cough"
I only have a years warranty with the car as it was a euro import originally,and my dealer told me he's not worried about mods to the car as long as the car isn't chipped,and I presume a remap isn't regarded as chipped?
Sorry for being stupid and thanks in advance
Kind Regards
Dean
Old 08 July 2003, 07:07 AM
taylor
Scooby Regular

Wink

I reckon a new number plate should be good for at least 20bhp.It so happens I have just the thing.

'MY 02 WRX'

Personally I'd go full decat and then buy a second hand center section for MOT's. Theres one in the for sale section at the moment.
Old 08 July 2003, 10:23 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Hi Dean

We've mapped a couple of cars with your exhaust configuration and they produce around 260bhp.

You will get even better throttle response and around 25bhp more if the rest of the exhaust is also fitted, but we are happy to work to your instructions.
Old 08 July 2003, 10:50 PM
dean harris
Scooby Regular

Thanks Pete.
I will be in contact in the future,when I have made a definate choice on the downpipe.I have already decided about the remap.
Taylor
Cheers,I had thought about a number plate but this might slow me down as your plate for sale might be made of heavier plastic,but this could be balanced out by the money I lose from my wallet
Thanks
Dean
Old 08 July 2003, 11:29 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dean,
I was trying to think of a quip about you having the car five minutes and already wanting more, but I can't think of any, you're obviously liking it, are you gonna make it to the meet next week, it's a bit further for you I think, could be a nice run though!

Ron.
Old 09 July 2003, 01:40 AM
dean harris
Scooby Regular

Ron,
The car is going well and is fast but i just miss the grunt of the old one,however I can make up on the chassis/handling and the brakes on the new one.I thought I would never want to mod it but time will tell
I will try and get to the meet,but as you say it is getting a little far away just for an evening for me.If not I will see you at the next one as long as you don't organise it somewhere in Devon
Regards
Dean
Old 09 July 2003, 07:55 AM
scoobyexhausts
Scooby Regular

Hi Dean

Check this out--http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?ThreadID=226450

Ian