Oil changing time

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2002, 05:06 PM
spr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hey guys,

Well it's oil changing time again and I'm having some difficulty deciding which oil to get. I've been using the Esso Ultron 5/40 but the thing is that my soilenoid keeps getting clogged up with oil, it's that same waste gate solenoid problem that was on the earlier cars ( 3.2 http://www.sidc.co.uk/faq.htm#3) So I was hoping that by changing the oil I would be able to minimize this problem or getting rid of it all together.

The thing is that I read an article where most of the Scooby Tuners in the UK reccomended the Mobil 1 Motorsport 15/50 oil. Well the thing is that we don't have that one here in Iceland. The only one I can get is the Mobil 1 0/40, but I read in that same article that the Scooby really doesn't like that one, but some guys have been swearing by that one here in Iceland.

So my dilemma is which oil to get once again, I can get one from Esso 5/50 and then ofcourse just the regular 0/40, or I can get the Shell Helix Ultra 5/40 oil or the Mobil 1 0/40, and various other ones.

Any tips on what to choose, especially since I've been having this solenoid problem??? Any advice would be helpful since I'm basically just turning round in circles at the moment

Cheers,

Steven
from Iceland
Subaru Impreza GT MY00