Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

DeltaDash decoding assistance? (Longish)

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2002, 08:02 PM
Julian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi,

I'm new to looking at the DeltaDash graphs and I'm wondering if anyone can assist with decihpering some of the data?

I have a few runs from last week when my car (MY99UK SS BBox and Cenntre)was being reasonably well behaved, and one from today where after a bit of mid acceleration up to 4000ish RPM followed by lift off the accelerator has resulted in the car almost stalling an being very reluctant to respond to the accelerator at all for a while.

Of course, the first time this started to happen (yesterday evenoing) I wasn't logging the journey. All was going OK when I slowed at the end of a dual carriageway section and then it started to feel like no fuel (except there was nearly half a tank). No pickup at all, almost like it was just going to cut out. Very very lighjt accelerator seems OK and things gradually return to normal(?) each time this happens.

It also seems to not really want to run off throttle - there is a definite feeling of greater retardation than I would normally expect.

Two things things seem to stick out as having very different behaviour now from last week. The A/F correction has very long periods at 0% (10+ minutes under varying driving conditions!) and the O2 sensor voltage seems to be static for even longer periods at 0.33V (or thereabouts. Last week both of these were going up and down a lot (very technical I know!)

What typical ranges can I expect to see when all is running OK with these two items?

The logs are pretty big about 1M each as I'm just logging whilst commuting to get the hang of the software and what the logs should look like when all is OK - but now all is not OK so any help would be appreciated.

If any DeltaDash experts out there would like to take a look let me know and I'll email then to you. Similaryly, if any one has longish traces for a MY99UK AE8000ecu that is running correctly I'd be intersted in seeing those for comparisions.

Thanks,

Julian.

Old 21 August 2002, 08:25 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Knackered lambda sensor? Sorry don't have time to go through your 1MB log file
Old 21 August 2002, 08:29 PM
Julian
Scooby Regular

Thanks John - That's what I was suspecting. That's the second one to die in three years!
Old 21 August 2002, 08:30 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Well, lots of things will jump up & down a lot which is right... but the O2 one shouldn't be doing that. It should be either cycling (when cruising) or up at .9v or just under.
The thing that you want to do to get a good measurement is find an empty, straight, flat piece of road (or as close as possible!) then trundle along in gear at a low rpm (4th is best but a little tricky; 3rd does the job on the whole, though!) & then floor it so you are logging as full an rpm range as possible under full load. Then you can start finding a lot of stuff out...
Might be able to tell something from some general driving about, but not as much and it's a lot more work!