Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Best s/s exhaust for my late 98 turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2002, 05:51 PM
SpudLocker
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, anybody got any tips for me. I've just got my second scooby and fancy a different exhaust to the Magnex one i had on my last beast.
Everybody says that their exhaust is better than the rest and i cant afford to buy every one and try them out, so ask the people and they shall have experience and opinions! Thinking about a Blitz or HKS filter and possibly a scooby sport system but want to keep the cat, but would like recomendations about all systems. All comments gratefully recieved, cheers.
Old 28 July 2002, 03:58 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

If you want to keep a cat, the scoobysport system is a de-cat. There are three I know of which fit a high flow cat. Power Engineering, Graham Goode (check out their websites) or the APS (http://www.performanceexhausts.net/APSexhaust.html).

I can't claim experience with any of those, so will leave that to someone else . . . ???
Old 29 July 2002, 09:47 PM
SpudLocker
Scooby Newbie

Cool

Hiya Hades,
Cheers mate but what i meant was keep the standard fit cat initialy. On my last scooby i had a Green Cotton air filter and a Magnex 6"x4" back box, and it really freed up the engine, breathing wise. So this time i wanted to take the next step, but i'm not really sure of the legal implications of de-cating, you know, MOT wise. I want the extra bhp, i want the performance growl/roar but i dont want to sacrifice drivability, or upset the nice young men who drive up and down my highstreet in corsa's and saxo's. Any knowledge from anyone would go down great as long as i dont end up like a Max Power boy. Cheers folks
Old 30 July 2002, 12:26 AM
Rich Tee
Scooby Regular

Not an expert a all, but have a BLitz NUR spec on my my93 wrx, believe you can get them for the later models if you take the restrictor out of the rear box they sound awesome!!! and help the breathing a bit as well

Rich