Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

* * * Problem with SCOOBYSPORT * * *

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2002, 11:10 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anybody had bad experiences with Scoobysport?
I ask cause I ordered before 4-5 months a set of clear front and side repeaters although they took directly the money from my credit card they send me only the sides before two month and still waiting for the fronts!
I e-mailed more than ten times Pete Croney - I think is a trustworthy person - and he told me in his last mail before one month that he will send me the fronts next day...
JIM

PS: Sorry Pete if this is defamation for your company, is the truth.
Old 12 May 2002, 02:29 AM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I have never had a problem with Scoobysport honest.

They have done most of the modification to my car, Grp N+ Pagid disk kit, Bbox, de-cat centre pipe, cibe spots etc.

If I have been unhappy about anything Pete & the lads have done they always made a real effort to sort it to my 100% satafaction (spoll chock pls).

My 2p's worth.

Ian
Old 12 May 2002, 03:26 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

So...I am the only unlucky person and they have ignored my order!
What you suggest me to do if Pete doesn’t answer my e-mails, should I complain to my bank about this order?
Pete are you there?
Old 12 May 2002, 03:39 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Don't worry Jim, you're not alone.

I had endless trouble getting some bulbs delivered; it took the best part of two months to sort out.
I'm not knocking Scoobysport (before everyone calls in the libel lawyers ) they are a well respected garage and Impreza tuner (see 2nd post on this topic above) however I do not believe they are very well set up to provide a mail order service, that's all.

This may seem odd but I will never buy by mail order from them again, however I would definitely drive the 2.5hrs to them to pick an item in person or have some work done.
Old 12 May 2002, 04:03 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

the website is closed for now..
Old 12 May 2002, 07:12 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Jim,

Without knowing the WHOLE issue, no comment can really be passed by anyone.

Since Scoobysport is closed until Monday, no response will be available from Pete until then.

Have you tried phoning and resolving your issue?

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 12 May 2002, 07:57 PM
StanS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

So they took months to send me a full set of centre caps for the alloys I bought - BUT you've got to balance the whole service. When you go for a service or to buy stuff and have it fitted, you get top service and parts, you get to talk to the people working on your car, watch the work carried out, learn stuff about your car from them, and get advice, - its a very enjoyable experience (IMHO) - OK so I need to get out more ! So the odd irritating foul up on minor issues is far outweighed by the overall quality provided - in my experience over the last few years.
Sorry to hear you have had a hiccup Jim - hope it gets sorted soon.
Stan
(No connection to SS - only a happy punter)
Old 13 May 2002, 10:43 AM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

i had the same problem with my clear indicators and bulbs last year, ordered in april delivered with smashed bulbs in the middle of july, ive previously bought stuff from them and had that straight away though
mark
Old 13 May 2002, 11:51 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Hi Jim

The indicators were sent on 19th April by recorded delivery. I know this was a huge delay from when you ordered, but the part you ordered was out of stock and we did advise that we would send as soon as they arrived in the UK.

I will get a claim form from Royal Mail, as it would seem that they are not going top be delivered.

Whilst waiting for this claim to be processed, I will send a replacement set.

Please accept my apologies.

I have not received a mail from you since 27th April, which I replied to telling you when the parts were posted.

Please feel to contact me if I can be of more help.
Old 13 May 2002, 03:20 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

You can track recorded delivery items on Consignia's website, as long as you have the bit of the recorded delivery slip that you keep.

http://www.consignia-online.com/
Old 13 May 2002, 03:31 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Carl

It doesn't work for European recoded deliveries though.
Old 13 May 2002, 03:32 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

oh well
Old 13 May 2002, 07:17 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thanks Pete and all other people for your comfort, I am thousand miles away from UK and my concern is justified as I thought (and still believe it) Scoobysport is a remarkable company!
By the way does anybody plan to come here for the Acropolis Rally, I'll be happy to meet you!
Cheers
JIM
Old 13 May 2002, 11:34 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

A victim of their own success, but had a good chat with knowlesy today who now works for them, I'm certain that any niggles will be quickly dealt with now he's onboard
Old 14 May 2002, 06:27 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I had a "conversation" with Knowlesy for different reasons and it seems to me very authentic person, didn't now He works for Scoobysport...
JIM
Old 15 May 2002, 12:04 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Angry

Oooooh. Where do I start?

I've had numerous problems with Scoobysport. I won't go into details, but I have spoken to Pete about this on a couple of occasions - the problem being that he's a good friend and I don't want to see a backlash against him or his company simply because I know their intentions are good, even if the service isn't.

I'm not going to bad-mouth them here (or publicly) but suffice to say that I've heard enough complaints about the company to wonder why their reputation remains so good.

However, I will make it clear that I know Pete is trying to sort the problems, and many of the issues are caused because of his inability to turn people away when they need SS's services....

[Edited by MarkO - 5/15/2002 3:05:42 PM]
Old 15 May 2002, 08:59 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I spent the best part of the day at Soobysport today and I really can't fault their customer service if you go to the workshop.

Pete took time out from his already busy day to take me to Lakeside and pick me back up again. He also showed me around and helped with the work on my car.

The mechanics are all friendly and don't mind you looking over their shoulders which is a first.

Knowlesy even took me out for a spin in his very quiet car

An enjoyable day and I'll certainly be going back for other work.
I cant comment on their mail order service but if anyone is debating whether to go to Scoobysport for work then forget it. Just do it you won't be dissapointed.

Nathan..
Old 17 May 2002, 11:44 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

i've bought loads of bits from scoobysport and the service has been, at best, is a little 'flaky'.
having said that, they really do go out of their way to sort it if they know they've let you down.
having spoken to pete lately, i'm led to believe they're now putting as much effort into making sure that problems don't occur as correcting them afterwards.
just in case this reads like absoloute gibberish- give them a chance, guys- let them know if they've let you down and they'll sort it PDQ.

simon