ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   * * * Problem with SCOOBYSPORT * * * (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/95228-problem-with-scoobysport.html)

JIM THEO 11 May 2002 11:10 PM

Has anybody had bad experiences with Scoobysport?
I ask cause I ordered before 4-5 months a set of clear front and side repeaters although they took directly the money from my credit card they send me only the sides before two month and still waiting for the fronts!
I e-mailed more than ten times Pete Croney - I think is a trustworthy person - and he told me in his last mail before one month that he will send me the fronts next day...
JIM

PS: Sorry Pete if this is defamation for your company, is the truth.

ian_sadler 12 May 2002 02:29 AM

I have never had a problem with Scoobysport :D honest.

They have done most of the modification to my car, Grp N+ Pagid disk kit, Bbox, de-cat centre pipe, cibe spots etc.

If I have been unhappy about anything Pete & the lads have done they always made a real effort to sort it to my 100% satafaction (spoll chock pls).

My 2p's worth.

Ian

JIM THEO 12 May 2002 03:26 PM

So...I am the only unlucky person and they have ignored my order!
What you suggest me to do if Pete doesn’t answer my e-mails, should I complain to my bank about this order?
Pete are you there?

SimonH 12 May 2002 03:39 PM

Don't worry Jim, you're not alone.

I had endless trouble getting some bulbs delivered; it took the best part of two months to sort out.
I'm not knocking Scoobysport (before everyone calls in the libel lawyers :rolleyes: ) they are a well respected garage and Impreza tuner (see 2nd post on this topic above) however I do not believe they are very well set up to provide a mail order service, that's all.

This may seem odd but I will never buy by mail order from them again, however I would definitely drive the 2.5hrs to them to pick an item in person or have some work done.

HKSubaru 12 May 2002 04:03 PM

the website is closed for now..

Shaun 12 May 2002 07:12 PM

Jim,

Without knowing the WHOLE issue, no comment can really be passed by anyone.

Since Scoobysport is closed until Monday, no response will be available from Pete until then.

Have you tried phoning and resolving your issue?

Regards,
Shaun.

StanS 12 May 2002 07:57 PM

So they took months to send me a full set of centre caps for the alloys I bought - BUT you've got to balance the whole service. When you go for a service or to buy stuff and have it fitted, you get top service and parts, you get to talk to the people working on your car, watch the work carried out, learn stuff about your car from them, and get advice, - its a very enjoyable experience (IMHO) - OK so I need to get out more ! So the odd irritating foul up on minor issues is far outweighed by the overall quality provided - in my experience over the last few years.
Sorry to hear you have had a hiccup Jim - hope it gets sorted soon.
Stan
(No connection to SS - only a happy punter)

MARK MORRIS 13 May 2002 10:43 AM

i had the same problem with my clear indicators and bulbs last year, ordered in april delivered with smashed bulbs in the middle of july, ive previously bought stuff from them and had that straight away though
mark

Pete Croney 13 May 2002 11:51 AM

Hi Jim

The indicators were sent on 19th April by recorded delivery. I know this was a huge delay from when you ordered, but the part you ordered was out of stock and we did advise that we would send as soon as they arrived in the UK.

I will get a claim form from Royal Mail, as it would seem that they are not going top be delivered.

Whilst waiting for this claim to be processed, I will send a replacement set.

Please accept my apologies.

I have not received a mail from you since 27th April, which I replied to telling you when the parts were posted.

Please feel to contact me if I can be of more help.

carl 13 May 2002 03:20 PM

You can track recorded delivery items on Consignia's website, as long as you have the bit of the recorded delivery slip that you keep.

http://www.consignia-online.com/

Pete Croney 13 May 2002 03:31 PM

Carl

It doesn't work for European recoded deliveries though.

carl 13 May 2002 03:32 PM

oh well :(

JIM THEO 13 May 2002 07:17 PM

Thanks Pete and all other people for your comfort, I am thousand miles away from UK and my concern is justified as I thought (and still believe it) Scoobysport is a remarkable company!
By the way does anybody plan to come here for the Acropolis Rally, I'll be happy to meet you!
Cheers
JIM

Big Goon 13 May 2002 11:34 PM

A victim of their own success, but had a good chat with knowlesy today who now works for them, I'm certain that any niggles will be quickly dealt with now he's onboard :)

JIM THEO 14 May 2002 06:27 PM

I had a "conversation" with Knowlesy for different reasons and it seems to me very authentic person, didn't now He works for Scoobysport...
JIM

MarkO 15 May 2002 12:04 PM

Oooooh. Where do I start? :D

I've had numerous problems with Scoobysport. I won't go into details, but I have spoken to Pete about this on a couple of occasions - the problem being that he's a good friend and I don't want to see a backlash against him or his company simply because I know their intentions are good, even if the service isn't.

I'm not going to bad-mouth them here (or publicly) but suffice to say that I've heard enough complaints about the company to wonder why their reputation remains so good.

However, I will make it clear that I know Pete is trying to sort the problems, and many of the issues are caused because of his inability to turn people away when they need SS's services....

[Edited by MarkO - 5/15/2002 3:05:42 PM]

Nathan L 15 May 2002 08:59 PM

I spent the best part of the day at Soobysport today and I really can't fault their customer service if you go to the workshop.

Pete took time out from his already busy day to take me to Lakeside and pick me back up again. He also showed me around and helped with the work on my car.

The mechanics are all friendly and don't mind you looking over their shoulders which is a first.

Knowlesy even took me out for a spin in his very quiet car ;)

An enjoyable day and I'll certainly be going back for other work.
I cant comment on their mail order service but if anyone is debating whether to go to Scoobysport for work then forget it. Just do it you won't be dissapointed.

Nathan..

RRH 17 May 2002 11:44 PM

i've bought loads of bits from scoobysport and the service has been, at best, is a little 'flaky'.
having said that, they really do go out of their way to sort it if they know they've let you down.
having spoken to pete lately, i'm led to believe they're now putting as much effort into making sure that problems don't occur as correcting them afterwards.
just in case this reads like absoloute gibberish- give them a chance, guys- let them know if they've let you down and they'll sort it PDQ.

simon:D